Chapter Forty-Four

Yoongi smiled widely, briefly touching the soft piece of fabric that was being used as a blindfold as he allowed Jungkook to guide him to whatever part of the house where his birthday gift was. Since it was his birthday, Jungkook had told him that he wanted to surprise him by giving him something that had usefulness and that he could cherish for the rest of his life, however, Yoongi immediately retorted by saying that he didn't need a gift from Jungkook and, despite being a typical cheesy remark, Yoongi emphasised that as long he had his strong bunny by his side, he didn't need anything materialistic. As always, Yoongi wasn't able to convince Jungkook to not give him a gift and he mostly blamed Taehyung for encouraging the black-haired male to do it, he also suspected that Seokjin was in the mix as well, which he truly found odd, either way, Yoongi was grateful for having considerate and supporting people by his side.

Another reason why he knew Taehyung was actively helping Jungkook with the birthday gift and the party was that this was the first time in four years that he was celebrating his birthday properly, the only reason he still did it was that he and Hyunjoon shared the same date of birth. He didn't know if breaking up with Changkyun so close to his birthday could be one of the motivates that led Yoongi to stop caring about his birthday, of course, besides sharing his birthday with his younger brother, the red-haired male had his enthusiastic best friend, who always ensure that he and Hyunjoon had some kind of celebration, even if it was a more intimate one with their loved ones and family.

"Jungkook, tell me where are you taking me..." Yoongi uttered softly as he felt Jungkook's arms wrapping around his waist, making him smile even wider "That's the least you could do for waking me up so early on a Sunday morning"

"My soft kitten, I was too excited to show you your gift, which I'm certain you will love, apart from that..." Jungkook said amusingly as he momentarily stopped in his tracks, leaning his lips on Yoongi's ear "You didn't complain when I had my hands all over your body while I was kissing those irresistible lips of yours..."

"Jungkookie..." Yoongi whined as he smacked one of Jungkook's hands, hearing the taunting older male chuckling with his bashful reaction "Stop mocking me and tell me, please, or I'm going back to your bed"

"Baby, I would love nothing more than to take you to my bed and cuddle with you, but your birthday gift is more important" Jungkook retorted wittily as he guided Yoongi to one of the rooms of his house, being able to see the younger male's gift shining with the bright sun coming from the tall windows. That particular room was what Jungkook called his entertainment room and it was where he could relax and read a book or even play video games, it was his slice of heaven on Earth and when he showed it to Yoongi, the red-haired male told him it seemed empty and now, Jungkook was able to fill the void "Your gift is in my entertainment room, you told me it seemed empty when I first showed you my house, so I decided to take your advice and fill the space"

Yoongi was utterly confused by Jungkook's remark as he tried to figure out what had Jungkook done to fill up the space, a space that he adored because not only the sun shone brightly during the day, which warmed up the place, but the room also had a great view that allowed him to see the city from afar. At night, Yoongi loved to be cuddled by Jungkook while admiring the gorgeous view of the dark sky embellished with twinkling stars and the bright moon, staying silent to absorb the beauty of the nature surrounding them. It was a pretty romantic place to spend with Jungkook, especially when the black-haired male brought him closer and kissed him passionately under the moonlight.

Meanwhile, Jungkook walked inside the entertainment room, leading Yoongi closer to his birthday gift. He turned the red-haired male around to face him and, carefully, untied the knot of the blindfold, uncovering his gleaming brown eyes, and the moment he did, he immediately earned a frown from the blushing younger male, probably because he was only wearing a pair of sweatpants without a shirt.