Chapter Fifty-One

Listlessly, Taehyung unwrapped his arms from Seokjin's arm and approached the large stone steps leading to the open pool area surrounded by greenery landscapes, including small bushes and tall and majestic trees, finding the current scenery mesmerising. When Seokjin mentioned the pool area, Taehyung's mind quickly travelled to the top-of-the-line swimming pools that could be found at five-star resorts and private residences opened to the public. Pools stemmed from the use of luxury materials like marble, mosaic tile or other fine design elements. Pools that possessed top-end features like waterslides, fountains and sophisticated control systems – an attraction to be admired, not experienced. Instead of encountering a place that had the sole purpose of being photographed for those architectural magazines and travel blogs on the internet, Taehyung gazed at a place situated in one of the corners of the property, hidden by the enclosed nature that served as a barrier to the outside world. After having the opportunity to explore the mansion and everything around it, Taehyung concluded that they represented different worlds and told different stories, – both from the past and the present –, which forced Taehyung to pay extra attention to details in a way to find out more about the property and everything that had unfolded, particularly, the role that it partook in Seokjin's life story and how it became a reminder of the worst moments of his life.

Taehyung cautiously climbed down the steps as he attentively observed the comfortable and modern resting pool chairs, standing in front of the pool, and the cosy and friendly space with white single-seat sofas, feeling completely bewildered by the marvellous scenario. While looking around, the silver-haired male noticed an open area, near the beds with small-sized bushes, it was a space in the grass, begging to be filled with something extravagant to break the casual and simplistic atmosphere emanating from the place. Not only that, but Taehyung also glimpsed beyond the space with the single-seat sofas and noted a white gate leading to some other part of the property, which once again awoke the younger male's curiosity. The property was indeed a never-ending world to be explored, a place of beauty and freedom, as Seokjin had said earlier, during their heartfelt conversation. 

Meanwhile, Seokjin silently followed behind with a small smile adorning his plump lips, admiring Taehyung and his beauty that stood out from the exquisite and lavish scenery

Meanwhile, Seokjin silently followed behind with a small smile adorning his plump lips, admiring Taehyung and his beauty that stood out from the exquisite and lavish scenery. The dark-haired male couldn't help but find it ironic that Taehyung stood out, not only for being the most gorgeous creature circulating the space but also for his choice of outfit and its colours that, as usual, outlined and highlighted the curves of his body. Strangely enough and it might sound like an excuse for him to focus on the younger male's shape, Seokjin enjoyed the many outfits Taehyung wore. It was like another way to convey to the world that the word "normal" didn't apply to him and he was entitled to dress how he wished, not caring about how society could view his uniqueness and quirkiness. That day, Taehyung had chosen a dark blue sweater crop top, similar to the one he was wearing the other day, a pair of red faux leather shorts with a brown belt, high-knee dark-blue socks with a tiny satin bow on the hem and white sneakers. It wasn't a surprise how Seokjin loved every single outfit Taehyung decided to wear but, that particular one, for some reason, added something different to the younger male, something he couldn't quite pinpoint.