Chapter Seven

Seokjin was walking back to his car after he dropped off Jimin at school when he heard a sound coming from his phone, making him briefly stop to check the message he just received, it could be work-related like it was the majority of times. The dark-haired male went to the inside pocket of his blazer, took his phone out and gazed at the screen, letting out a long and heavy sigh as his eyes read his father's name and the notice about his visit to the office that week to discuss some matters about the business. Seokjin just stared at the screen, not having the will to reply, especially after the conversation both he and his father had during the weekend, the same subject both of them had been arguing about since Jimin's mother's death.

Every weekend Seokjin went to his parent's house with his son to have lunch and talk about the company and his work with his father, basically it was more like a weekly report than a family gathering, however, Seokjin was used to it. There wasn't much more he could discuss with his father rather than his business partners and the deals he closed, the same didn't happen with his mother, who was the opposite of his other parent.

Seokjin had a deeper bond with his mother and he could sort of express himself with her, even though he was cold and stern, she could see through him and try to reach the deepest part of him that was long gone. His mother was like Jungkook, she accepted Seokjin the way he was, despite her religious beliefs, and regretted not saying a word when he got married, besides him, his mother knew how unhappy he was to compromise himself to someone who didn't mean anything to him, the same was for his late wife. Neither of them wanted to commit to a loveless marriage, but what choice did they have back then apparently, both of them were a potential disgrace to their families – Seokjin liked men and his late wife was in love with a man who attended the same major as her when she was in university and was just a mere struggling artist.

That particular weekend the conversation Seokjin had with his father wasn't related to the business or the company, it was related to Jimin. After his wife's death, Seokjin's father came to him and practically forced him to change Jimin's last name from Park to Kim which he refused to do, because his wife asked Seokjin, on her deathbed, to keep Jimin's last name. That way a part of her would be carried by her son, whom she loved very much and didn't want to leave behind and he complied with her last request, both of them lost and sacrificed a lot because of their families' selfishness. Jimin was their son and as the only parent he had, Seokjin had the task of upholding his word for as long as he lived.

Seokjin knew his father was still going to persist, however, he wasn't going to change his mind or back down, no matter how many times his father would mention the topic or force him to act, Seokjin would always fight back.

"Uh, daddy is upset, Jinnie didn't eat his vegetables, bad Jinnie"

Seokjin furrowed his brows when he saw Taehyung staring at his phone. He immediately placed it inside the pocket of his blazer again, not wanting the younger one to invade his privacy.

"First of all, don't call me that, we're both adults, not children, second, you shouldn't invade other people's privacy..." Seokjin said petulantly as he buttoned one of the buttons of his blazer while teaching some manners to the immature younger "And third, it's rude to see other people's messages without permission"

"Congratulations, Mr Kim, you know how to count to three, daddy must be proud of you" Taehyung mocked Seokjin as he placed himself before the man, studying his facial expression. The older male seemed to be bothered by the message he just received from his father "And you are the one to talk, you asked Yoongi how my little sunshine was doing with his piano lessons, you know, Hoseok has a lesson today, if you want, you can hire a team and install cameras in Yoongi's apartment to spy on them, it's easier"

Seokjin decided to ignore Taehyung's first remark, knowing the younger was riling him up for the fun of it, he guessed annoying him was the other male's new tradition. "Like I told your best friend last week, it was my curiosity, Taehyung, I didn't mean to offend him or you with my question, no need to feel threatened, I know my son will catch up in no time"