Chapter Twenty

"Jungkook..." Yoongi looked at his surroundings, feeling completely speechless by the scenery in front of him. He was already caught by surprise when Jungkook decided to bring him to one of the most known restaurants in the city and asked the owner to close the place just for the two of them to enjoy their time together, however, where they were now was beautiful and out of this world "I-It's beautiful up here, so many lights and roses..."

Jungkook was ignoring the other few people and the beautiful roses and lights spread all over the place, his eyes were focused only on Yoongi, who seemed over the moon. The black-haired male was having doubts about where he should take the younger male after dinner, he didn't want to be cliché or just have dinner and go home, he wanted to make a good first impression and give Yoongi an amazing first date. Although Jungkook felt that was a lot of pressure, knowing it was Valentine's Day and, most of all, the red-haired male had been dealing with his past and the pain that it caused for the last four years, still the older male was hopeful and feeling confident about his choices for the night and Yoongi's reaction assured him of that.

"The Sky Rose Garden is indeed beautiful, I knew you were going to enjoy it since you loved the rose I gave you this morning and the bouquet..." Jungkook stated softly, noticing Yoongi's eyes sparkling brightly and his small gummy smile adorning his tempting lips. He sneakily reached for the younger's hand which was slightly cold and pulled him closer to him "You're the most beautiful rose in this garden, Yoongi..."

"And you really are cheesy, aren't you?" Yoongi retorted jokingly, chuckling lightly as he rested his head on Jungkook's shoulder, still admiring his surroundings while walking around the garden "Thank you for bringing me here, I never thought a place like this would exist in the middle of the city, it's staggering..."

"You don't have to thank me, my delicate beauty, it's a pleasure bringing you to a place as beautiful as you..." Jungkook remarked sweetly as he intertwined his fingers with Yoongi's, loving to be so close to him "And answering your question, yes, I'm cheesy, get used to it, baby"

Yoongi smiled bashfully, feeling his cheeks getting slightly warmer because of Jungkook's cheekiness, he not only had to get accustomed to his cheesy lines but also his playful side which he adored as well. The red-haired male loved all Jungkook's sides, all of them were appealing to him and made the older male the unique person he was, which only made Yoongi reflect about himself, what did he have that drove Jungkook to him? Yoongi asked the same question when Changkyun started to have feelings for him, maybe he underestimated and doubted himself, or maybe he felt he wasn't worthy of such attention. However, he felt lucky, at least he did when he was with Changkyun, Yoongi truly thought that he was the one who was going to be by his side forever, apparently, he was wrong.

Despite the damage Changkyun caused him, Yoongi wanted to focus on the present and where he was now. He felt proud of himself for coming forward and acknowledging the pain that he kept so well hidden inside of him in an attempt to forget all of those memories from the past which harmed him even more, luckily, Jungkook crossed paths with him and, ironically, his rudeness brought Yoongi and the older male closer and helped him move on.

Yoongi kept looking around, seeing the other people happily walking with their loved ones, apparently, that place was pretty popular which made him wonder how Jungkook had the idea of bringing them to the Sky Rose Garden.

"So, strong bunny, I want to know..." Yoongi spoke wittily as he averted his attention to Jungkook, who immediately smiled at the mention of the sweet nickname "How did you come up with the idea of bringing us to this mind-blowing place? I'm sure your best friend wasn't the one who suggested it..."

"Well, Seokjin wasn't exactly the most romantic guy when he was younger, and neither was I, however, I changed the moment I went to university, I matured, Seokjin not so much, but that's beside the point..." Jungkook decided to not talk about the past, in a way, it was a reminder of how much his best friend had changed his personality, however, he was hopeful now that Taehyung was trying to reconnect Seokjin and Jimin. The black-haired male made eye contact with Yoongi, finding it cute how his pinkish cheeks contrasted with his porcelain skin "Namjoon was the one who gave me the idea, he told me he brought Seunghee here several times when they were dating and he proposed not very far from here"