Chapter Thirty-Four

"Mommy, mommy!" Taehyung exclaimed loudly as he ran towards his mother, who was walking inside the kitchen while putting on a shiny earring, smiling brightly "Joonie broke the cup when he took it out of the cabinet"

Jung Eun couldn't help but chuckle at Taehyung's enthusiasm and at her older son's clumsiness when it came to the tableware, it was the second glass Namjoon had broken that month, besides the three plates and one tea cup. She carefully crouched down, smiling as widely as Taehyung, and swiftly lifted his thrilled younger son from the floor and kissed his forehead, earning another fit of giggles and smiles from him. 

"Joon, baby, did you hurt yourself?" Jung Eun asked worriedly, despite finding amusing how his son was clumsy, she didn't want him to hurt himself severely, especially with glass "I already told you to be careful when you take something from the cabinet, particularly when it's too far for you to reach, honey, you might be tall, but you are only thirteen"

"No, mom, I didn't hurt myself, it just slipped from my hands..." Namjoon responded wearily as he cautiously went around the broken glass to fetch a broom and dustpan to clean, he didn't want Taehyung to cut himself "And I was careful, I even grabbed it with two hands, but slipped anyways..."

"Joonie is clumsy!" Taehyung squealed cheerily as he placed his small hand on his mother's shoulder, chuckling piercingly while observing his older brother sweeping the floor. The nine-year-old boy gazed at his mother, his mood suddenly changed when he remembered that his parents were going to some party "Mommy, do you and daddy have to go?"

"Yes, sweetheart, mommy and daddy have to go to the party" Young Chul answered wittily instead of his wife when he walked inside the kitchen, trying to do a decent tie knot. He briefly glanced at Taehyung and patted his head "We won't take long, I promise, now can I borrow mommy, I need her to help with my tie"

Taehyung frowned as he shook his head, snuggling it on his mother's neck, not wanting to be apart from her.

"How about we make a deal, baby bear?" Jung Eun suggested as she whispered gently at Taehyung, noticing how her son was upset for having to let her go "Tomorrow, I will make japchae again with black bean sauce on the side and daddy will buy ice cream for you and Joon, how's that sound?"

Taehyung lifted his head, pouting, as he stared between his mother and father. A small smile erupted from his lips, and he immediately nodded his head heartily, eager to eat his mother's japchae and ice cream the next day.

"My baby is such a nice boy, mommy is proud of you, sweetie" Jung Eun said warmly as she placed Taehyung down, seeing his doe brown eyes sparkling so intensively and his unique boxy smile that he inherited from her, she didn't want to leave her babies alone, however, she trusted Namjoon, despite being a teenager, her oldest son was truly mature and responsible, still she hated to be apart from them. Jung Eun cupped Taehyung's face, running her thumbs over his chubby cheeks while having a good look at her son "Baby, your sweatshirt is all dirty because of the black bean sauce..."

"Mommy's dress is dirty too..." Taehyung retorted innocently as he pointed at the spot near the strap of his mother's dress where a small dark stain was "But you're still pretty..."

Jung Eun looked down at her favourite red dress that she normally would wear on special occasions, that specific dress was given to her by her mother, it initially belonged to her, however, she decided to gift it to her when she went on her first date with Young Chul. At the time, Jung Eun thought she was too dressed up for a simple date and she didn't believe it would go well, it turned out to be the opposite. For being special to her, Jung Eun rarely wore the dress, afraid of ruining it, she was emotionally attached to it, not only for being a gift from her mother but also for being a reminder of the day she realised Young Chul was the one for her, despite being their first date.