Chapter Twenty-Nine

"S-Seokjin, s-stop..." Taehyung uttered breathlessly as he placed his hands on Seokjin's chest, pulling him away from his neck. When the dark-haired male parted from him, the younger male fidgeted with his fingers, unable to lock eyes with him after what they had just done "I-I think, ah, I think w-we should go to sleep..."

"Taehyung, I-"

"P-Please, d-don't say anything, we, ah, we need to rest..."

Seokjin felt Taehyung's shoulder brushing softly against his arms while he just stood in front of the large glass windows for a moment without professing a single word, not that he could have. The dark-haired male was slowly coming to his senses, realising what he had done towards Taehyung, at the same time he was trying to fathom his abnormal behaviour and the reasons behind it. Seokjin lifted his arm and restlessly touched his slightly swollen lips, making the feeling of remorse grow, he acted mindlessly and without Taehyung's consent, knowing well that the younger male had already expressed his thoughts about kissing him and being closer to him when he pulled that not so amusing stunt a few days ago.

Seokjin reflected on the day he shared with Taehyung and how he felt comfortable with the young male, maybe too much that even he didn't realise how he was speaking about moments of his life that he was never too keen to talk about with someone, Jungkook included. however, Seokjin did that to distract Taehyung from everything he went through with his ex-boyfriend the night before, seeing him flash his bright smile at him just because Seokjin momentarily confined in him his doubts as a parent, his phobia, the tumultuous past with his wife and the small episode of his childhood proved that what the attempts to make him feel better were working, maybe that could explain the reason Seokjin did what he did.

Seokjin turned around and glanced at the bed, noticing Taehyung snuggling himself under the duvet and the blankets. He sighed as he thought that maybe it wasn't a good idea for him to sleep on the bed, he didn't want to make the younger even more uncomfortable in his presence.

Seokjin exhaled heavily while writing a note to Taehyung since he didn't want to go out and just leave him on his own, the younger with colourful hair already was troubled by what happened the previous night, he didn't want to worsen the already awkward situation between them.

Seokjin finished writing the simple note, placing the pen on the small table in front of him as he got up from one of the couches in his master bedroom while staring at the few words he scribbled. He, then, gazed at the bed, observing how Taehyung had his eyes covered with his hair and his arms were tightly hugging the pillow, the younger was probably exhausted after everything he underwent with his ex-boyfriend and now with him. That was why Seokjin didn't wake him up, he also wasn't ready to face Taehyung after kissing him, he didn't know what he was supposed to do in those circumstances and he certainly didn't want to ask Jungkook about it, Seokjin was still ashamed with his odd behaviour.

Seokjin carefully picked up the long beige coat that he borrowed from Taehyung the prior day when he was on the verge of hypothermia and headed to the bed, placing the piece of clothing on the end of it, along with the note. The moment he did, Seokjin heard the stirring movements coming from the younger with those ridiculous hair colours, who was changing his sleeping position. Seokjin noticed a predominant reddish mark on his neck, among the few purplish fainted ones that weren't so visible like yesterday when he went to pick up Taehyung at his ex-boyfriend's apartment, that sight just made Seokjin's regrets come back stronger than the night before. However, Seokjin decided, despite not knowing how he should resolve the issue between him and the younger male after basically embarrassing himself, to not speak to Taehyung, at least until he was sure that the other was comfortable with him.

Seokjin exhaled once again, this time, out of frustration as he walked towards the door of the master bedroom, he was finally making progress with Jimin thanks to Taehyung's help, now he didn't know where they stood, even though the younger told him that he always would be there for him.