Chapter Sixteen

"So, any plans for Valentine's Day, Tae?" Yoongi asked nonchalantly as he cut a piece of the pancake while looking at Taehyung, who suddenly stopped eating. The red-haired male didn't know if he should ask or not, maybe it was still a sensitive subject for his best friend, this was the first Valentine's Day he was going to spend alone since he broke up with Hongseok, nonetheless, Yoongi was worried about Taehyung and what he intended of doing, despite having a clue "Are you going to stay at home?"

Taehyung placed the fork on the plate, sighing heavily, not expecting Yoongi to ask him about his plans for Valentine's Day. He honestly didn't know what he should do, maybe going out with Gunhak and Soonyoung could be a way to forget how depressed and lonely he had been feeling since he saw Hongseok a few weeks prior. Taehyung was aching and confused about his ex-boyfriend which was nonsense and absurd, why should he feel like that when he was the one who was cheated on and had to deal with Hongseok's infidelity? It was unfair in Taehyung's opinion to suffer after everything he had been through, he sincerely thought he was going to have no difficulty forgetting about Hongseok, however, it was the opposite, and Taehyung hated how weak and dumb he seemed for almost falling for his ex-boyfriend's sweet talk.

"Don't know..." Taehyung simply responded as he stared at the half-eaten pancake on his plate, picking up his fork "Maybe I'll go out with Gunhak and Soonyoung to blow some steam off if you know what I mean, it's been a while since I went out..."

"Okay..." Yoongi uttered, noticing how Taehyung seemed a little down for mentioning Valentine's Day "If you want, I can tell Jungkook to cancel the-"

"No way, Yoongi, you are not going to postpone your first date with Jungkook because of me, I would be selfish if I did that to you" Taehyung stopped Yoongi mid-sentence, knowing what intentions he had, he couldn't let his best friend cancel his date just because he felt down "You've been so happy in these last few weeks and I don't want to ruin that for you, Jungkook is really excited about the date, so do you, I'll manage"

"You know I just want to make sure you are fine, you can hide it from everyone, but not from me, Taehyung..." Yoongi spoke tenderly, focusing on his best friend who he could see was in pain, he recognised the sad glint in his eyes, it was the same one he had until Jungkook showed up in his life "And I know he didn't make things easier for you, you've been struggling lately, I know the feeling"

Taehyung was happy Jimin and Hoseok were in the bathroom brushing their teeth at that moment, that way they couldn't see how vulnerable he was which would concern the young children. "It's been five months, I'll get over him, I just want to go out, drink and maybe meet a guy who can show me a good time, that's all, don't worry about me, and I'll ask Mrs Shin if she can take care of him, she loves little sunshine"

"If you say so..." Yoongi wasn't convinced that Taehyung was going to forget Hongseok so easily, he wanted to believe, but he just couldn't. However, the red-haired male understood what his best friend was doing, he was acting like the stubborn and proud person he was. He always refused to show his weaknesses to not worry the people around him, Taehyung didn't like being a burden "I want you to have fun and forget about everything, you deserve a night out after the bullshit you've been through"

"Language, lil meow meow the kids might suddenly show up and hear you," Taehyung said amusingly as he put a piece of pancake in his mouth, munching on it like a little kid "And you're right, I've been dealing with so many things, or better yet, I've been dealing with the most annoying pain in the tooshie, luckily, that pain in the tooshie has a cute baby as a son"

"Don't eat with your mouth full and hurry up, Jungkook must be on his way so, c'mon, little baby" Yoongi quickly crumpled a paper towel and threw it at Taehyung for not having manners at the table. He picked up his plate as he got up from the chair, seeing his best friend sticking his tongue out at him, making Yoongi roll his eyes "And can you imagine how someone was married to Seokjin for so long, poor woman..."