Chapter Three

"Mommy, this is my new friend, Jiminie" Byeongkwan introduced Jimin to his mother, before leaving school for the day "He's cute like me and he's very smart, he knows how to count to 100, he knows how to talk in different languages and, he also knows how to play the piano, isn't he smart, mommy?"

"Oh my goodness, honey, you need to calm down before you pass out from all the excitement" Byeongkwan's mother placed her hand delicately on top of her son's head and began to stroke his dark-brown hair, attempting to soothe Byeongkwan "And yes, Byeonggie, Jimin is smart, by the way, nice to meet you, honey, I'm glad my son made a new friend"

Jimin got up from the step of the stone stairs in front of the big glass doors of the school building where he, Hoseok and Byeongkwan were waiting to be picked up after classes ended, and bowed his head to Mrs Kim. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs Kim"

"What a gentleman you are, Jimin, I hope one day, you, Hoseok and the rest of the gang can go to our house for a sleepover, okay?" Byeongkwan's mother said politely, watching the brunette boy nodding his head as he sat down on the step again. She averted her attention to Byeongkwan when she heard him screech from happiness and she couldn't help but lift her son and give him a big kiss on his cheek "Sweetie, we need to go home, say goodbye to your friends"

Byeongkwan wrapped his arms around his mother's neck and gazed at his two friends. "Bye Seokie, bye Jiminie, see you tomorrow!"

"G-Goodbye, B-Byeongkwan"

"Bye, Byeonggie, see you tomorrow, bring your new toy!" Hoseok shouted the last part, making sure his friend had listened to him and by the nod he gave him, he got the message. The blonde boy glanced at Jimin, he, once again, noticed a big pout on his lips, indicating his friend was feeling gloomy "Jiminie, are you still sad because of your grade?"

Jimin just shook his head. "I-I miss my mommy..."

"I never met my mommy..." Hoseok confessed dishearteningly, lowering his head. His brothers never told him about his parents, because they always said he was too young to understand the situation "Tae Tae just told me my mommy loved me very much, but couldn't keep me so, he and Joon hyung kept me instead, I love Tae Tae and Joon hyung, oh, I also love Seunghee, Yoonie and Hyunjoon" Hoseok counted by the fingers all the people he just named, making sure he didn't forget anyone "Seunghee is like my mommy, but better, she gives me candy when Tae Tae and Joon hyung don't let me have any"

Hoseok was lucky to have so many people in his life, unlike Jimin, the only people he had were his father and Jungkook, his father's best friend and the only one who spoiled him and talked to him from time to time, then there was teacher Min, who, before leaving after their piano lesson, took a few minutes to talk to him and ask him about school and how things were at home, Jimin barely spoke because he didn't have anything to tell, but now he could finally say he had friends who liked him and play with him during recess.

"My mommy said that she had a big tummy ache and she needed to go to the hospital, I visited her sometimes, but one day, Kookie told me I couldn't see her anymore because she transformed into an angel, it was the only way to get the tummy ache to go away..." Jimin spoke quietly, fiddling with his thumbs "I love Kookie, he looks like a big strong bunny, he also gives me candy without my father knowing"

"Tae Tae says angels are always inside our hearts, I don't know what that means..." Hoseok said indifferently, shrugging his shoulders. He wanted to make Jimin feel better so, he decided to share that piece of information with him, even though he didn't understand it "Your mommy is inside your heart, so she's always with you, Jiminie..."

Jimin also didn't understand what Hoseok's brother's words meant, he was still sad for not having his mommy with him. She took care of him, played with him and read to him before going to sleep, his father never did those things, Jimin didn't like him, but for some reason, he felt better, maybe because he knew his mommy, despite being an angel, didn't forget about him.