Chapter Eleven

TW: Mention of abortion

It was Saturday afternoon and Yoongi, as per Taehyung's suggestion, decided to take Hoseok to the park near his best friend's house. The park was quite big, it had a lake with swans and ducks, it had picnic tables, big trees, open spaces and a playground, where Hoseok usually went after doing his homework and studying a random subject from school. The majority of the time it was Yoongi who took the blonde boy to the place since Taehyung needed some alone time, he could imagine how stressful and tiring raising a child was so, as a way to help his best friend, he spent some of his time with the little sunshine.

"Yoonie, let's go, you're too slow..." Hoseok whined as he pulled Yoongi by the hand, walking as fast as he could through the park to reach the playground to play with other kids "I want to slide down the slide and see the duckies"

"Hobi, sweetie, we're almost there, okay?" Yoongi didn't know if he was getting old or if it was his mind playing tricks on him, but he couldn't keep up with Hoseok's fast pace, the blonde was too energetic, exactly like Taehyung was when he was his age "The slide and the duckies are not going anywhere so, you don't need to run"

"You like that funny animal, the one who is very slow..." Hoseok commented boldly, giggling as he thought about the funny and slow animal he didn't remember the name "It's a cute animal, but he barely moves, Tae Tae calls you that..."

"Are you talking about snails?" Yoongi asked suspiciously, not liking the idea of Hoseok and Taehyung calling him that "I mean they are not cute, but they are very slow, I hope your brother doesn't call me that because if he does, I have to have a serious conversation with him"

Hoseok stopped momentarily as he let go of Yoongi's hand, thinking about the animal Taehyung compared to Yoongi. "Snails are yucky, I don't like them, and no, Tae Tae doesn't call you that, he says that the cute and slow animal is always hanging on trees and moves slowly like they take a billion years to move their finger..."

"Are you talking about sloths?" Yoongi questioned as he crossed his arms, not believing his best friend had the audacity of telling his baby brother that he seemed like a sloth, that was so not true "I thought you said Hyunjoon and I looked like kitties, now you're calling me a sloth..."

"You looked like cute kitties, you have kitty eyes, pretty!" Hoseok said wittily as he grabbed one of Yoongi's hands, giggling once again "Tae Tae told me he called you lil meow meow when you were little because you're tiny, hyung"

Yoongi smiled at Hoseok, however deep down he was fuming, it was such an embarrassing nickname that he didn't hate, he just didn't like to be called that in public.

"How about we continue to go to the playground, don't you want to go to the slide?"

Hoseok simply nodded as he started to walk towards the park, already in sight, dragging Yoongi once more.

Yoongi sighed heavily, however, he couldn't help but smile at Hoseok's eagerness and amusement, it reassured him of how the blonde boy was living a healthy and happy life with Taehyung. His best friend was the right person to raise and educate Hoseok, the young boy needed positive reinforcement and love in his life after what his biological mother intended to do after knowing she was pregnant. Yoongi felt nothing but hatred towards the woman, she destroyed a family and wanted to abort an innocent being because she was careless and self-centred, only caring about herself and her needs.

Thinking about that matter, reminded Yoongi of how dejected Taehyung had been feeling in the last couple of days because of Mr. asshole's remarks. It was still unbelievable to him because he knew the man was cold and emotionless, however, Yoongi never thought he would cross the line by speaking about personal business, which his best friend willingly told Mr Kim about, which was incomprehensible to Yoongi, to purposely hurt him. The elder went too far and the red-haired male wished he could do something about it, although he couldn't without risking going to jail or getting a lawsuit, it wasn't worth it. The only thing Yoongi could do was console Taehyung and make him laugh, Namjoon, Seunghee and Hyunjoon did their best to amuse his best friend, Taehyung was a resilient and strong-minded person who had that aura that attracted people, he was a good and selfless person, his best friend didn't deserve to be treated so poorly by Seokjin.