Chapter Six

TW: Mention of abortion

"What's wrong, Tae Tae?" Hoseok asked quietly, noticing the gloomy expression on his older brother's face "Was someone mean to you?"

Jimin stared at the two brothers, frowning because he also noticed how Taehyung wasn't as happy as he was the day before, he looked like him when he was at home or when his father was a big meanie to him and the brunette boy didn't like seeing the funny grow-up so down. Jimin wanted to see the smile he saw that morning when he waved goodbye to Taehyung.

"I'm just tired, my little sunshine..." Taehyung said reassuringly as he placed his arms around Hoseok and Jimin's bodies, not wanting to worry the little ones "Tae Tae had a long day"

Hoseok hugged his brother's body tightly, hoping a hug from him could help Taehyung feel better. When he was tired or not feeling well, both his brothers would hold him close and tell him some jokes to make him happy, but Hoseok didn't know any jokes or other ways to make Taehyung happier.

"If we give you a double hug, will you be happy, Tae Tae?"

Taehyung smiled dimly at Jimin's attempt to comfort him, he cherished both boys for trying to make him feel happy. He knew he shouldn't show how troubled he was, however, Taehyung didn't have the strength to hide his real feelings, it wasn't him. The younger male with pink and blonde hair was usually very upfront when something or someone bothered him, whether he was sad, happy, angry, or jealous, it didn't matter what emotion he was feeling, Taehyung couldn't cover up.

After the conversation he had with the pompous asshole, Taehyung felt broken because he couldn't stop thinking about the time when he found out how his father's affair, it was a couple of months after his mother's death and he couldn't deal with it. It all started when Taehyung saw the lock screen of his father's phone, he noticed a young woman with him, smiling like they didn't have a care in the world – a woman who wasn't his late mother – and that upset Taehyung, how could his father move on without mourning properly? How could his father mess with a woman who was twenty years younger than him? Taehyung felt repulsed and yet curious to know more about the relationship.

The moment Taehyung was about to confront his father, a message popped up on the screen and through the picture of the contact he assumed it was the same woman who was standing next to his father on the wallpaper of his lock screen. The young male didn't like to pry on his father's business, however, he couldn't help but read the message that said how his father was finally free to be with her without having the "annoying woman" to worry about and how lucky they were for her death. That was how Taehyung discovered his father had been having an affair with a younger woman while his mother was still alive, making him sick to his stomach.

Not long after that, Taehyung and Namjoon heard from his father that he was going to get married, needless to say, he was pissed off and immediately refused to accept it. Not even a year after his mother's death and he was about to witness his father, the man who raised and cared for him, alongside his mother, the man who was his role model, like his hyung was, get married to a bitch, however, the wedding wasn't the shocking part. What truly drove him to the edge was when the woman announced she was pregnant, but didn't have any intentions of keeping the baby, of course, Taehyung being the person he was came forward and threatened the bitch, obligating her to have the baby, the baby he happily wanted to raise, it wasn't the child's fault, he didn't have to pay with his life just because a grow-up fucked up.

All of those emotions came to the surface when Seokjin almost accused him of not being a parent but did it matter if he wasn't a parent? Was Taehyung doing a poor job raising Hoseok just because he was a guardian and not his father? Obviously, Taehyung didn't think so and he never regretted his decision to take Hoseok under his wing raising his baby brother felt rewarding.