Chapter Forty-Five

It had been two hours since they arrived at the hospital and there wasn't any news about Seunghee's condition. Namjoon was trying to remain calm and be patient while staying positive during that all process, however, it was getting more difficult as time went by and not having any news at all, not even something that could make him feel slightly relieved, was taking a toll on him and the worriedness kept growing as the annoying ticking sound coming from the clock played in the background. He leaned forward as he ran his fingers through his hair, sighing heavily while he waited for the doctor, who had gone inside Seunghee's private hospital room, to come out and speak to him about what was happening to his dear wife.

Namjoon was afraid that Seunghee's body had finally succumbed to the stress, anxiety and immense pressure she had been putting on herself these last few months because of their constant failed attempts to start a family. He had been scolding Seunghee this past week to not go to work and simply take a break from everything, knowing how all her negative emotions were bringing her down and Namjoon blamed himself for not doing more to help his wife and her feelings regarding the circumstances they were going through.

"Thank you once again, Director Lim..." Seokjin remarked politely as he talked on the phone with the hospital's director, who was one of his company's clients and someone close to the Kim family. He momentarily stared at Namjoon, only imagining the pain he was undergoing at that moment "I know it's late, so I'm grateful for this favour, I wish you a good night..."

Seokjin waited until director Lim ended their call as he walked towards where Namjoon was, watching how Yoongi was rubbing his back and professing some words of comfort, alongside Jungkook. He put his phone inside the pocket of his cropped pants, wanting to reassure Namjoon that Seunghee was being taken care of by the best of the best and that whatever they needed he would do everything in his power to provide the necessary services and professionals.

"Namjoon..." Seokjin uttered quietly as he awoke Namjoon from his reflective state, noticing how broken down and exhausted he seemed "Please, don't worry yourself, whatever you need, you just speak to me and I will take care of the matter"

"Thank you, Seokjin, but you already did so much for me and Seunghee, I-I d-don't want to take advantage of your generosity..." Namjoon stated gloomily as he made eye contact with Seokjin, genuinely grateful for his help and support. He turned his attention to Yoongi and Jungkook, who was sitting down next to Yoongi, smiling weakly at them "Thank you all of you for being here with me right now, I can't imagine if I was all alone here..."

"You don't need to thank me..." Seokjin muttered as he placed his hands inside the pockets of his pants, giving a reassuring smile to Namjoon. On several occasions, Namjoon had been there to give him advice about certain matters, whether was about Jimin or Taehyung, and Seokjin valued his wise words and his help "I'm happy to help with whatever I can, it's the least I can do for you and Seunghee"

"You are my friend, Namjoon, and my soft kitten here considers you as an older brother, we want to be here for you and give you and Seunghee support," Jungkook said calmly as he wrapped his arm behind Yoongi's body, seeing the red-haired male resting his head against his shoulder, he seemed mentally and physically exhausted "As Seokjin said, anything both of you need, you can come to me as well"

Despite feeling overwhelmed with his current situation, Namjoon genuinely felt blessed for having such a supportive and thoughtful group of friends and family by his side in his and Seunghee's hour of need. He regretted his decision of not discussing his feelings regarding the struggles both he and Seunghee had been having to conceive a child, not wanting to be a burden, especially to Taehyung, who was already going through so much on his own, even though his younger brother thought he could fool him into believing he was perfectly fine. Although, lately, Namjoon had seen a change in Taehyung's demeanour, noticing how his heart and soul screamed happiness, mainly when Seokjin was around, the numerous moments he witnessed between them were proof of that.