Do I know the answer?

Monday October 22nd

On the way to next class which is Professor McGonagall's Transfiguration's class, Hermione grabs my arm a little too hard and says in a firm tone: "That's the third time this month, we are late" I just look at her, I have no idea what to say, my mind is only on her hand on my arm, her grip gets stronger and at last it hurts so bad that I'm about to cry, I can feel the tears starting to form, I think to myself: "Pull yourself together Harlow" I take my other hand and push gently on her shoulder and says: "Let go of me, it hurts " I take a short breath and continues "I'm sorry we are late but you don't have to wait for me." Hermione looks shocked, like she didn't know how hard her grip on me was and says: "But I do have to wait for you, you are my responsibility"

"No its not, I'm only a year younger than you, I can take care of myself" Hermione starts: "But it is.." I cut her off: "Come on or else we will be late again".

Hermione just looks at me, and just gives me a slight nod and we go on to Professor McGonagall's class.

-------------------------

I sit in my own thoughts when Professor McGonagall says my name: "Miss Granger" I think she just took Hermione, she always has her hand up anyway, I hear Hermione speaking: "The answer to your question is.." But Professor McGonagall cuts her off: "That's great Hermione, I know you know the answer, but I asked Harlow" I look up a bit confused: "Yes?" Professor McGonagall repeats her question: "What does Reparifarge do?" Honestly, I have no idea, but I look down in my notes and starts to say: "I- I'm not sure" I can feel Hermione's eyes on my, she knows the answer, why should professor McGonagall ask me. McGonagall looks at me and leans over my desk and says: "I know you can do it; you've said it before" I don't know if I believe her but I say, unsure if it's the right answer: "Does it Undo transfigurations" McGonagall's face lights up as she says: "Yes Harlow good job" I breath relieved as McGonagall goes back to teaching and leaves me be. I love transfiguration but it's hard to focus when I'm not sure of the answer, when Hermione is sitting right beside me with her hand raised ready to answer every question.

-------------------------