Is Sebastian leaving?

Tuesday November 19th

I sit in my room trying to concentrate on my painting of the school, but its hard when Sophie and Lavender is talking loudly about the yule ball, and who they want to go with. I want to tell them to shut up, but I can't so I pack up my art supplies and go to the library, I sit down at a table in the corner. I put out my art supplies and continue to paint, after a while Sebastian appears behind me, he puts his arms around me and kisses my cheek, he takes a seat beside me and says: "Hey, so about the yule ball"
"Yeah, that's what everyone's talking about."

Sebastian: "Yeah, I need to talk to you about it"

"Of course, what's up?"

Sebastian: "So I wanted to ask if you wanted to be my date, but my parents sent me a letter today"

"What about? Is everything okay."

He told me on our last date that his sister is sick but also that she was getting better, I have a bad feeling that its getting worse again and he needs to go home.

Sebastian: "Its my sister, she's getting sicker and sicker every day, and my parents feel like she's not going to make it this time, so I have to go home"

"I'm sorry"

I hug him and say: "I hope it's going to be okay"

Sebastian: "I hope so too, but its not looking too good"

"At least send an owl when you get home."

Sebastian: "I will, and you promise me, you have fun at the yule ball"

"I can't promise, but I can't try."

Sebastian: "That's good, I have to go pack"

"When are you leaving?"

Sebastian: "Tomorrow"

"And when will you be back?"

Sebastian: "I don't know, if she gets better, I'll be back and if not"

I see a tear running down his cheek, I know what he's going to say, he doesn't know if he can come back here if his sister dies.

"I get it, if you do come back I'll be happy, but if you don't I'll understand, but keep me updated, please"
Sebastian: "Thanks for being so understanding, I'll keep you updated"

"Thanks"

Sebastian: "I am lucky to have such an understanding girlfriend"

I lean in to kiss him, our lips touch briefly and then Sebastian stands up and leaves.

I know now that I'm not in love with him, but he's my friend, but I don't want to hurt his feelings, if he returns to Hogwarts I will tell him how I feel, but not now, he's hurting too much already.

-------------------------