Chapter Two

I'm a sensetive person. I cry easily. I get offended in the blink of an eye. But the worst part was when I would spiral. I would think that all of my friends were irritated at me if they even looked at me wrong. I couldn't control it, but it sucked. It was like having a tiny little alarm bell going off saying, "They hate you. They hate you. They hateeeeeee youuuuuuu." It sucked, a lot. But at the same time, it made me tough. It protected my heart from when I would get hurt. I still get hurt, yes. But now I can blame myself for it.

"I'm fine." I rasped, trying to gather and hold in as much oxygen as humanly possible. "I just had a bad reaction with the dopamine. I promise." But Dr. Salliman just continued to flutter about me busily, checking my pulse and lungs and other various things.

"Just because you feel fine doesn't mean you are fine. You know, most STIs don't even have any symptoms. So, I'm not taking your word for it anymore." They replied. Doctor Salliman had been placed as my Alt World guardian. They had taken care of me right after the accident, and are still my sort of private pediatrician. Also, one of my dearest companions, as our friendship has progressed.

"That's.....cruel. That is like the meanest thing you could say to me ever." I replied. We were sitting in a cream-colored office, which had been turned into the Felix care center when I started school.

"You've heard worse." The doctor said and put the yucky cum looking lotion around my hurt wing. I winced, as pain struck like lightning on my skin. "How's your day going?"

"Good." I shot back. It was a reflex. With Mama and Papa threatening to take me out of my human school and switch me to a different one, I had to keep my attitude about school on the positive side.

"Are you positive?" The Doctor asked, skeptical. I nodded, and started to pick at the skin around where Dr. Salliman stabbed me with a needle and injected me with something after I passed out. They slapped my hand. "Don't do that."

"Fine. I actually don't feel good, do you think I can go home?" I said, lying out my ass. Dr. Salliman sighed. I was pissing them off. VICTORY!!!

"I know you're lying to me." Dammit, busted. "So I want you to finish the day, alright?"

"THAT'S SO MEAN!" I yelled, and flopped down on the bed. "But that's like, one million hours away. Therfore, I should go home. For my mental health."

"There are three possible reasons." Dr. Salliman said. "I get you're not used to being the outsider, and that's scary for you. But trust me, kids will warm up to you. Just put yourself out there, like I know you can, and everything will be fine. If it's not being liked and that everyone is secretly talking about you that you're worried about, then that's stupid. You're just like every other kid in this place, trust me. I don't understand why the people here haven't realized how incredible you are." On my first day, the Dotor told me all the ropes. They were a legacy, and went to this school even though they're not a celestial. They had some....hard feelings here, to say the least.

"Thank you," I said, and high fived them. They didn't do hugs unless it was a special, very important occasion. "You hit it right on the dot. So, can we go home? Please?" Weekends, I live with the the Doctor, and at night I sneak back into my room. It was Sunday, so they had to drive me home and pretend they had been doing physical therapy with me.

"We haven't gotten to the third reason." The Doctor said, and raised their eyebrow. I groaned.

"Pleaseeeeeeeeeee we don't need to talk about this." But Salliman wouldn't listen. They were already on a role.

"If it's about a hypothetical boy, you need to ignore him. Shall we go over the reasons why?"

"No, NO, NO NO! We're not gonna do that-"