PART 1 : THE MOVE

Writing is something you do alone. Its a profession for introverts who want to tell you a story but don't want to make eye contact while doing it and that is exactly what I shall do, everyday.

Now, for my beautiful story, let's start from the very beginning...

✨✨✨

Muna's POV

Five years had passed since Muna Anosike and her family of six had relocated to their family house in the outskirts of Ogun State, and to the displeasure of her and her siblings, the change was a drastic one. 

Living at Emerald Estate, in the expensive suburbs of Banana Island, in Lagos State, is not a lifestyle one would willingly swap for a quiet, somewhat boring life in Ogun State.

It felt like somewhere an old couple would relocate to when they were in their late 90s and early 100s and desired nothing more than nature's gentle dose of peace and silence.

The place was extremely quiet.

Although the idea of living in one's own house has a different ring than living in a rented apartment, Muna and her siblings were still distraught at the notion.

Their parents were fully aware of their displeasure. Having three Gen Z children and one millennial made parenting feel like a hurdle. They were always caught up in a bubble.

There was nothing they could do either way; at least now, they had individual rooms, unlike in Banana Island, where Muna and her younger sister shared a room while her brothers had theirs jointly.

Muna graduated college the year before the move and she was currently working as an on-air personality at a radio station in the city that never sleeps, Lagos.

Over the past five years, Muna has learned so much about life and herself. When asked "How are you?" as most people often asked her, her reply was usually more detailed and honest than one would expect. 

She would go on and on about how she was actually feeling and, sometimes, bore some people out of their senses.

Now, Muna had realized that people do not actually care to know how you are but still inquire, just as some form of formality. She found it weird that people would ask a question and not really care to get a genuine answer.

Muna was different after college.

She was the only first-class graduate amongst her siblings, at least those that were done with college, and she hardly ever bragged about it. 

Though she was no longer the shy, naïve girl with self-esteem problems and full of insecurities, which she was back in her younger years, while in Lagos, she was still well aware of her introverted nature that she had to come out of at some point because of the nature of her vocation.

At first, relocating here was really hard and scary.
She joined her siblings in their pleas to their parents about not wanting to relocate to Ogun State because they would miss their friends and have a tough time socializing over here but in truth, she really had no one that she was really going to miss.

She was the true definition of an introvert. Her social battery was pretty low when, in the midst of unfamiliar faces and conversations that bored her to death, were always what was up for discussion. 

She would just stare at everyone in silence, with her air pods perfectly placed in her ears and her mind in a whole other multiverse. She sometimes felt like the weird girl in the series, "Euphoria," but she made efforts to hide it.

Her favorite memories from college were her freshman and sophomore years, and this was all thanks to the one friend she made, Tarila, better known as "chatty Tari", who eventually became her roommate.