PART 20 : FIRST DATE

Even as Xavier was struggling in school, the adulting life that was becoming Muna's reality wasn't an easy lifestyle either.

Audrina and Muna had been working hard for weeks, and they were both feeling burned out. The charity group projects were turning out really great and the saying all work and no play makes...

So, when they heard that there was a karaoke night at a local bar, they jumped at the chance to let loose and have some fun.

After meeting officially at the LGA, their friendship (we're calling it that for now) blossomed really fast.

They now had each other's and even though it seemed like a big step, it felt natural.

Audrina wore a black silk shirt with little floral pattern prints of white and black along with a black pair of cargo pants, a silver neckpiece, silver bracelets and wristwatch to go with her fit.

Her hair was freshly cut into a low-fade and her curls at the center were looking adorable. She wore dark shades which she hung on her head when she saw Muna.

Her shoes were a black and white Yeezy shoes which looked quite comfy with white Nike socks to go.

She had ordered an Uber and picked up Muna at her place, who was already set to leave. Muna's dress got Audrina in a long stare as she watched Muna head out of her apartment and into the street, where the Uber was parked.

Dave was taking a peek from his room's window, hoping to see who her date was but Audrina didn't get out of the car.

Audrina's eyes were fixated on Muna as she walked to the door of the car and opened it.

Muna was wearing a black knitted beige top which had it's arms sewn to be worn off shoulder. It was a crop top, which revealed her flat belly and a glittering silver piercing on her belly button.

Her neckpiece was a set of three silver necklaces with a butterfly as a pendant for one, an anchor was the pendant for the second one and the third one was customized with her name.

She had nice abs, Audrina noted and wondered if she'd ever be able to touch her there. And other places too but she mentally shoved that thought into a cabinet at the back of her mind and continued accessing Muna's outfit with her eyes.

She accompanied that with a long brown skirt that hugged her hips perfectly. Her braids were swaying behind her as she walked towards the car while her purse was well hung on her left shoulder. Her outfit was simple but as we all know, less is more.

Who said this wasn't a date!

Their outfits were quite giving. Plus Muna had heels on. Silver glass heels which added 2 inches to her height. Still wasn't as tall as Audrina.

Muna got in, shut the door and turned to Audrina.

"Hi."

No reply.

"Your eyes have said so much, yet you remain silent."

"Hi, Muna. Uhmm I'm sorry I was staring. It's just that you look really pretty."

Audrina said, as soon as Muna's invisible hold on her cleared off and she regained control over her mind.

Muna blushed. "Thank you."

She accessed Audrina's fit too and gave an impressed facial expression. She could perceive her cologne and it was potent. Pleasantly potent.

"Audrina?" She asked with so much glee.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure this isn't a date?"

Audrina touched the braid on Muna's forehead with her thumb and smiled as she cleared it out of her face.

"Not really.. well, maybe. Okay, yes Muna, I think it is. I realized that the minute I saw you."

Muna smiled and scooted closer to Audrina, who couldn't be more pleased.

The driver had left the AC on while he waited, and that had made the car immensely cold.

"Ma'am, can we get going now?" The driver politely asked from the front seat.

"Yeah, you can start the ride now." Audrina responded, while Muna leaned to her side as she took several selfies of them and videos as well.

They arrived at the bar just as the music was starting up, and after 6 shots of a white wine which was way too sweet to be alcoholic, they immediately hit the dance floor. Audrina was a little shy at first, but Muna's infectious energy soon had her moving to the beat.

Crazy Things by Tems was playing and other people joined in on the dancefloor. Some in twos, others in groups of four, but everyone was gyrated nonetheless. Muna was swaying her hips left and right, with her arms in the air, then in different directions. Immediately, Audrina knew that she was definitely a tiktokker.

She watched Muna dance for a while and went to sit for a while. It didn't take long for some dude to come over to where Muna was dancing and began dancing behind her. Trying to tap current.

Nope. Not on Audrina's watch.

She put her shades back on and approached Muna. The guy didn't see her coming but he saw hands sliding around Muna's hips and looked stunned when he saw Audrina smiling at him.

With one swift move, she twirled Muna around so that her back was to her and they both danced like that, while smiling at the guy who eventually got bored and left.

Audrina whispered something in Muna's ears from behind her which made Muna chuckle and move further back towards Audrina's body.

Wizkid's Don't Dull came on and Muna went off, singing every lyric word for word. Audrina didn't have to ask, she knew this chic was most def a FC.

Nightlife in Lagos was exceptionally fun and the spirit of afrobeats filled the musical atmosphere.

As the night wore on, they found themselves drawn to the karaoke stage. Audrina had never sung in public before, but Muna was a natural performer, and she urged Audrina to give it a try.

At first, Audrina was hesitant, but Muna's encouragement and the supportive audience soon had her feeling more confident. She took the microphone and launched into a soulful rendition of "Zombies" by The Cranberries.

Muna held her mic to her lips and joined Audrina right before the chorus.

🎶 "But you see, it's not me
It's not my family
In your head,
In your head, they are fighting" 🎶

Then she stopped and let Audrina take the next two lines before the chorus and when it was time for the chorus, they harmonized it in alto and soprano, so professionally, that it got the entire people at the bar, who were now their audience, to go completely silent.

Audrina's voice was a little shaky at first, but as she got into the groove, she found herself lost in the music.

Muna was in her Rockstar moment, as she grabbed the mic along with the mic stick, and passionately sang. All the while maintaining eye contact with Audrina.

Audrina's smile widened as she watched Muna and she realized she'd not been this happy and free in a really long time.

'•'
•'
'

** Thank you all for your private messages, I do see them and I'll be replying all. Soon.
I legit met Tems today! ahhhhh! 🥵

Please keep commenting and upvoting.
stay safe y'all. <3

Qhupid out 🐾 ♥︎