PART 11 : THE EX PT. 2

I mean, if the relationship can't survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term?

*******

Mordecai had chosen a 5-star restaurant in the heart of Lekki so when Muna walked in, she was pleased she had gone for the burgundy dress, which Dave had advised against. It was as classic as the venue.

Her arrival at Brass and Copper caused a bit of a stir, but it was the good kind, and the way her boyfriend's eyes warmed when he saw her took the sting out of the price tag for the dress and even the shoe—in fact, her small clutch purse as well. Everything she wore was bought just for this date. He'd asked for class. She brought chic as well.

She wanted to please him.

He had gotten up and walked to the other side of the table, and with a soft smile on his face, he pulled out the empty seat as she arrived at their table. He sat too and took one long stare at her before realising he was staring.

"You look stunning, baby." His smile was lighting up her insides.

"Thank you. I've never seen you in a tux. You're pulling it off effortlessly."

She was checking him out and opened her mouth to say something but when he ordered a bottle of Don Perignon, she stopped and stared. Half gaping.

"What is going on, Decai? What's the occasion?"

She was trying to cross her legs under the table, but the expensive gown wouldn't let her. She stopped trying, then decided to cross her legs at the ankle.

"I'm having dinner with a beautiful woman. My beautiful woman. My moon pie," he added, taking her hand. Then he started kissing her fingers in a way that really softened every single muscle in her body.

He stopped and raised his head to look at her. "You look really dazzling tonight, Moons."

"Thanks." Muna knew she had certainly worked on it.

She was no fan of dresses, especially ones as tightly hugged to the body as this. Looking at him, she could see a spark in his eyes and she wanted to know the reason.

"I can sense there is something going on, Decai. I can see it."

"Babe, you know me too well. Just relax, Moons; let the champagne come first. If they ever get it to the table." He looked around to see if there was a waiter in sight.

"Alright then, in the meantime, you could pass time by telling me again how amazing I look." 

She was smiling.

"Do you know how many hours it took me to look this gorgeous?"

He leaned to the table and poked his head like he was about to reveal the whereabouts of a serial killer.

"Every inch of me is craving you so badly right now, babe. I love when you put your hair that way. So sleek."

The hair he was complementing took forever to look that good and she was glad he'd noticed it and liked it.

He then nodded to the waiter who brought the champagne bottle to the table, showed them the label, and then gently tapped his glass to signify that he was doing the tasting.

After he'd tasted it, it was approved, then he poured some into their glasses and took his leave with a courteous bow.

Mordecai lifted his glass. "To my delicious, delightful Muna."