PART 41 : CUDDLE BUDDIES

Anyone who is in love is making love the whole time, even when they're not. When two bodies meet, it is just the cup overflowing. They can stay together for hours, even days. They begin the dance one day and finish it the next, or—such is the pleasure they experience—they may never finish it. No eleven minutes for them.

★ ★ ★

I must be in love with this girl.

Audrina thought as she lay awake on her back, one hand around Muna's body, which was slightly on hers, and her other hand behind her head.

The sun had not yet risen, and it wasn't a work day for either of them, so they had all the time in the world.

She replayed last night's intense romance with Muna, and she was kind of scared. There is no mistake about it.

Ice is cold; roses are red; I'm in love. And this love is about to carry me off somewhere. This current's too overpowering; I don't have any choice.

She thought.

It may very well be a special place—someplace I've never seen before. Danger may be lurking there, something that may end up hurting me deeply and fatally.

Nearly losing Muna last night had made her feel the most afraid she'd ever felt, besides the time her twin had a surgery that nearly cost his life. She'd never been scared again, ever. Until last night. Even seeing her uncle after so many years seemed like unbelievable serendipity. Chaotic but pleasurable.

Audrina felt she might end up losing everything. But there's no turning back now. She could only go with the flow. Even if it means she may be burned up.

She looked at Muna again, who lay naked underneath the duvet that covered them both, and she turned a bit, partly climbing on top of Audrina's body, like a cute little cub. It took twenty minutes to feel normal.

She was a ray of sunshine, a warm summer rain, a bright fire on a cold winter's day, and now she could be the one thing that Audrina never wanted to lose to another.

Muna was waking up slowly now, and Audrina watched her until her eyes fluttered open.

"Hey princess," she said to Muna.

When Muna finally came to, she looked around and noticed she wasn't in her room. She didn't remember much from yesterday immediately and sat up slowly. It was daytime, but the room was still as dimly lit as it was last night, with that iridescent blue light casting a cool blue tone all over the room.

As she took in her surroundings, she slowly remembered and finally replied to Audrina.

"Hi," she said with a sleepy voice, still looking around, then suddenly she spotted her outfit from the karaoke, hung up in the closet. That made her curious about what she was then putting on.

Then she lifted the duvet and looked under it. Instantly, she gasped, memories rushing to her all at once.

"Good morning, Drey," she said, smiling, as she reached for Audrina's body and hugged her. Audrina's arms came around her like clockwork.

"Did you sleep well, princess?"

"Oh, yes. Last night was amazing."

Someone knocked gently on the room door, and Audrina went to answer it. The housekeeper brought them breakfast, and Audrina thanked her before collecting the tray and shutting the door.

"Hope it's not too early for you to have some tea and shortbread biscuits." Audrina asked Muna as she crossed the room to drop the tray on the table and prepare two cups of tea.

"Oh no, the time is fine. Thank you." Muna replied as she propped herself up on the bed.

"I didn't want you to wake up alone; if not, I would have gone down to the kitchen to make us some noodles or something." Audrina finished and increased the temperature of the air conditioner, then walked back to the bed and gave Muna a teacup on a saucer.

"About last night," Muna started.

"Yes, princess, what about last night?" Audrina was back at the table, clearing off something on it, and she listened to Muna while at it.

"Did we? We didn't have"

"What? You can't even say the word?" Audrina said and chuckled lowly.

"Sexual intercourse." Muna completed and sipped her tea.

"What the fuck, Muna?" Audrina threw her head back and laughed so loudly, it made Muna giggle.

"What?" Muna asked.

"Anyone who calls it 'sexual intercourse' can't possibly be interested in actually doing it. You might as well announce you're ready for lunch by proclaiming, 'I'd like to do some masticating and enzyme secreting.' Why didn't you just say sex, ehn princess?"

She moved closer to Muna and leaned forward. Muna thought she was going to kiss her and closed her eyes in anticipation. Audrina smiled and stretched behind Muna to turn on her music player that was behind her.

Muna opened her eyes as she felt Audrina's scent leave her and rolled her eyes.

"What?" Audrina asked her, sounding coy.

"Nothing oh. Some people just wake up in the morning and decide to tease their girlfriends. I don't understand sha." Muna said that and took a sip of her tea. It was almost empty.

Muna started laughing, trying to cover the fact that she'd just given herself a title. By herself.

Audrina shook her head and smiled. Looking at Muna, she remembered how she had mesmerized the crowd at the club just last night. Looking at her now, with her pouted lips looking full and inviting, she had an infectious laugh with a bit of a glassy cackle in her eyes and a 2000-volt sexual charisma that beckoned Audrina like a fluff girl on scuffed knees.

"Girlfriend... hmmm," Audrina said with a snug look on her face.

Muna turned to the side table and reached for her phone, but Audrina quickly grabbed it first and held it behind her.

"Why are you interested in me, Muna?"

Muna leaned back and took her time in considering her next words.

★ ★ ★