Chapter 1- Who is this? Who are you?..Who am i? (Birth Multiverse)

Dreamtale AU

Why was it so dark? They were sure they had just gone to see.....oh. It seems they lost what they were thinking of. On a different note who were they? They were sure they had a name but it just kept falling out of their grasp. They were starting to feel worried but calmness blanketed their thoughts and soon a voice spoke to them.

"I am sorry, my ——. I wish I could help you more but my time has come. Look after the ——- and each other. I gift you the names —— and ——-. —- luck"

...well that didn't help and sounded too ominous for their liking. They wanted clarification on what was going on when they felt new senses bombard them, distracting them from their thoughts.

They could see and hear! They wanted to explore this bright new world but froze when they noticed their hands. Was it normal to see bones? Their mind was conflicted and they were unsure whether to scream in horror or accept this new state. They tried to think why this was alarming but nothing popped up.

Their memory was terrible but perhaps looking around would help them remember something. Pushing up from where they had been, leaning against a large tree, they took a step forward and immediately collapsed onto the ground. They were bewildered at what had happened but laughter jolted them out of their daze.

Pushing themselves on to their knees they spotted a small skeleton that had a circlet on their skull, with a cut out crescent. They felt something odd from them and were unsure if they liked the feeling. Their nerves acted up at being near a stranger and watched in silence, waiting for what they would do next.

"You are so clumsy, Dream"

They tilted their head at the name and felt it fit them but at the same time not. How did this skeleton know them?

"Why so quiet, brother ? Why are you acting oddly? You better not be ill"

Ignoring the way they said that word they or rather he, looked at himself again. He felt along his skull and took off a cold metal head piece. Putting it in front of him he twisted it around and didn't see any obvious symbols like on the others. It was a bit boring and he was confused how he had gotten it. He had clothes on as well, which his mind felt puzzled by.

The other had seemed to grow bored of his silence as they huffed, before walking further into the forest. He felt relief at their departure and those odd sensations he had felt, left with them.

Putting the circlet back on he instead tried to do this walking thing again. He internally cheered when he managed to walk around the tree several times without stumbling. Now his body felt oddly drained at that small walk, so he slumped against the tree, suspicious at how it seemed to radiate warmth. He was pretty sure normal trees didn't feel like this..but he couldn't be sure.

His alone time sadly ended when the purple wearing skeleton came back, looking annoyed with him.

"Listen. You may refer to me as Nightmare or co-Guardian, but nothing else. No Nighty or moonlight or whatever your mind can conjure. We are here for a job not to bond. Ok?"

Dream nodded his skull in agreement, unsure why they looked at him as if expecting more. Just how long had the other been awake to already have preferences?

He wanted to ask if they had heard the weird voice but didn't want to anger the other anymore. They stood in front of him, feeling like they were dissecting his being with their gaze. He could feel his body start to shiver the longer they stared at him.

He was fine keeping interactions with them to a minimum, as the other seemed rather Ill tempered. He hadn't been awake long and he had already upset them. Maybe they will be nicer the more he gets to know them?

~~~~

Dream: This is great! Lovely new place

*Nightmare appears*

Dream: ...can i go back to isolation please?