Chapter 17 - You! I pick you! (?? Multiverse)

Sun finds a cool new 'monster' and is annoyed by how much work it is to train his new 'caretakers'

———

?? Multiverse

Lunar was stalking the tiny Guardian and was amused at the way they got into everything. No matter what everyone in the household did to hide things or ban the babybones from dangerous areas, the little one still managed to get in. It had been rather adorable, until they found the knives again.

The glint in their eyelights when they had held the knives caused a shiver to run down his spine and he only calmed down after Solar took it away.

At the time he could sense Solars resolve falter, at the pleading look he was given but thankfully their common sense took over. They did not need to add more chaos with an armed babybones.

He was impressed at how they sneakily avoided the others but was worried at how they flinched from sounds, making their magic spark. Just how young were they? Would they be expecting his variant to turn up soon?

There was some lightness that the babybones added to the house. No matter what the Creator did the other would simply ignore them or stare at them in disdain, until they left the room. He got a lot of sadistic amusement from that, making his tentacles twitch in glee.

It was weird how they liked the original Sans the best though. He could tell they merely tolerated all of Solars fussing and they avoided him outright but Sans was different.

They usually sat beside them on the couch when the other was 'napping'. As soon as Sans moved though the babybones ran off, like a spooked cat. He was bewildered why they did this but everyone else thought it was amusing, so let it be.

"Hey, Bro. What is up?"

He groaned at Fresh finally turning up. The other came and went as they pleased, with no one knowing where they actually went.

"Fresh, this isn't the best time to-"

"Is that a new, bro?"

Lunar was annoyed when they pushed past him to walk straight up to the babybones. His irritation only grew at seeing the babybones look enamoured with the Parasite.

"Heya, tiny dude. The name is Fresh. How is it hangin?"

"Whoa. You look awesome!"

How come Fresh was the one to get them to talk?!

Sun was loving this new being. The colours were dazzling but it was the glasses that were his main interest. He giggled each time the words changed on them.

When he was offered their hand to shake, he was surprised at how dull their emotions felt.

"What are you?"

He gripped their hand, twisting it around in interest, as if it would help to reveal all its secrets to him. He stared in suspicion as they crouched down in front of him and with their other hand, they removed their glasses. He was confused about what he was supposed to see but when a tiny purple tentacle poked out a socket, he lit up.

He slowly raised a hand and poked it, grinning at how soft it was. The emotions were much louder when he touched this, so perhaps this was their main body?

"You look pretty but i prefer your tiny body"

It was much cuter in his opinion and with all the clues gathered up, he assumed they were some type of animal, due to the strange instincts he could sense from them.

This was definitely his new favourite. The Guardians weren't as bad as he thought but we're still too rigid for his liking.

Solar was much easier to get things from but he wasn't sure if it was worth the effort of having to play nice. At times like this he missed his Ink..they were so much easier to train.