Chapter 28

"I'll be back in an hour..." Chris says kissing me and i nod giving him a little smile... He walks to the front door getting his jacket... "Wait!" I say and he turns around and i walk over to him. "Here..." I say handing him my keys and he smiles and kisses me again... "I'll be back as soon as i can..." He says kissing me again taking the keys out of my hands... I smile and nod and watch him walk out taking a deep breath after the door is closed and i walk back to the kitchen where Seb was still sitting having coffee...

"So... Explain..." He says and i groan... "What is there to explain...?" I sigh... "How?" He asked and i sighed again... "I was on my date with... Josh..." I say feeling my stomach turn and Seb looks at me confused but lets it go... "Scott told him were i would be... He kissed me after i left the toilet... I went back to my date, but Josh had to go for some work emergency and i left to... While waiting for a cab Chris caught up with me... He wanted to talk so i went with him..." I say and Seb looks at me raising an eyebrow... "Just like that?" He says and i sigh hanging my head before looking at Seb again... 

"No... Not just like that or maybe yes... I was tired of fighting it and i thought i could get it out of my system... I left when he was asleep and well, he was not having it and when he showed up here at my door i realized i couldn't get it out of my system and i was tired of fighting it..." I mumble and Seb sighs thinking for a minute the silence is deafening... All of a sudden, he breaks the silence...

"Out of your system?" Seb asks and i turn bright red and Seb groans... "Really? I thought that you weren't the type for the one-night things..." He says and i roll my eyes... "It is not a one-night thing now is it..." I say... "No... I guess not... But it was your intention..." He says and i groan... "Really...? Who are you...? My dad?" I ask annoyed and he shakes his head... "No i am more like a big brother..." He says and i sigh again... 

"Look i am already internally freaking out... I dont know what i am doing... I feel crazy for giving this a chance the only thing i can think is... It won't last... He will realize that i am not the type of woman for him... Not to mention that i am scared i can't handle his life...  and when it ends it will be a disaster... Can you not do your whole judging me thing..." I say my voice wavering off... 

"Oh Neve..." He says taking a deep breath walking over to me hugging me and i can't help but start to cry...  "Dont cry... Chris should thank God on his knees that you gave him a chance..." He says and i scoff... "Hey stop it... You have to get out of your own head... You think too much... I know Chris and he never ever has gone through so much trouble for any woman... I can see it in everything... How he acts around you wanting you close... Rushing to his hotel and back... Calling you love..." Seb says pretending to hold back from throwing up and i chuckle through my tears... 

"Not going back to Boston to stay with his family who he is really close with... Even though Scott is here he is a bit of a momma's boy and normally when he has time off, he spends most of his time there... In Boston... Not New York..." He says and i sigh as i finally stop crying... 

"You really think we have a chance..." I whisper and Seb sighs... "I think you guys do... Just talk about things... Tell him when something bothers you... Dont bottle it all up like you always do... Communicate... You will hear things... You will see things ripped out of context and then the most important thing is communication..." He says kissing the top of my head and sigh... 

"I am just scared..." I whisper and he kisses the top of my head again... "I am falling hard... When he holds me i relax everything in my mind quiets down it is addicting and so comfortable... He makes me feel thing i never felt before..." I confess saying it out loud for the first time and Seb chuckles... "Welcome to being in love Neve..." He whispers and i groan... 

"I hate it..." I mumble and Seb laughs... "No, you dont... You are happy... I see you smile when he kisses you... Or when he pulls you closer or calls you love... You light up..." He says grinning and i blush... "You are in love sweetheart..." He whispers and i groan again and he laughs... 

"Neve is in love..." He says in a singing voice and again i groan... "Stop it..." I mumble but he teases me again... "Neve and Chris... sitting in a tree..." He starts to sing and i pinch him... "Auw! What was that for!" He says and i smirk... "For being annoying and making fun of me..." I say and we are now both smirking... 

We hug again and i can feel him start to chuckle... "What now?" I ask and i pull back... "Just dont pick his side every time..." He says and i laugh... "Someone feeling a bit insecure..." I tease and Seb shakes his head... "No... But i am still your best friend so that means you have to..." He starts to say and i laugh cutting him off... "Dont worry you are still my best bud..." I say as i am talking to a toddler... 

Seb groans and i smile... "Seb you are my best friend and like a big brother... You will always be important and i promise i will always make time for you... That will not change..." I say now serious and Seb smiles before taking in a deep breath... "If you two really get serious it will change and as long as you are happy i am fine with that... Just dont forget me..." He whispers and i hug him tight... "Never..." I whisper back smiling... 

"Besides you would never let me... You keep showing up..." I say smirking... "I mean... When was the last time you were at your own apartment..." I say and we both start to laugh... "Hey you have nothing to complain about... As long as i am keeping you fed..." He says and i smirk... "Yeah that reminds me... What is for dinner...?" I ask and Seb laughs...