Chapter 42

After a few more drinks and some more mingling we go home... Seb sensing the mood goes to his own place... I had been avoiding Chris and he was tense and anxious because of it his eyes on me all the time... He was playing with my hand in the back of the car while i was looking outside the window on the short drive home... Scott had stayed behind at the party he was not ready to go home... 

Chris gets out the car first and after i say goodbye to Seb i follow him... We get on the elevator and the tension is palpable as the elevator starts to move... "Please dont leave me..." Chris whispers breaking the silence as the elevator climbs to my floor... My head shoots towards him and i look at him shocked as he looks just so vulnerable and sad... 

"Chris..." I whisper my heart breaking because the way he said it and the look on his face tells me he seriously is scared... I step in front of him... I stand on my toes and give him a soft sweet kiss and he hands glide around my waist... The doors open and i take his hand walking towards my apartment... I open the door and we walk in but i am not letting his hand go and walk him to the couch and push him down crawling in his lap... "I know i fucked up... We should have talked more about how we would handle it... I got caught off guard by her question..." He whispers and i sigh knowing he is right... 

"I'm sorry for being unreasonable..." I whisper before letting out a sigh... "I dont know why it bothered me so much... Maybe it is jealousy... Maybe it is the fact that everything has to be in secret, and we always seem to need a chaperone... Even when we go out to dinner just the two of us, we never arrive and leave together... Or maybe it is the fact that you are leaving tomorrow and i have gotten used to having you around... It just hurt to have to watch her flirt with you and i have to smile and act like it is not getting to me..." I whisper and he sighs... 

"I am sorry love... Can i show you something?" He asks and i nod and he pulls out his phone... "Do you know why i haven't dated seriously for a long while...?" He asks and i smirk... "You really expect me to answer that?" I say and he groans... "Look..." He says handing me his phone and screenshots of some girls' twitter shows up i recognize her from some photos from Chris and Seb in the past... The messages are nasty and some even death threats... 

"She couldn't deal with it and broke it off..." He whispers letting out a sigh and i hand him his phone back... "Well i dont have twitter... So nowhere to send the nasty messages..." I say and kiss him again before getting of his lap and kicking off my heals... "Neve? Where are you going?" Chris asks taking my hand stopping me and i smile... I lean down and kiss him... "I need to get out of this dress... It itches..." I whisper and he chuckles... "Can you help me with the zipper? " I say and Chris smirks and stands up. 

He pulls the zipper down and plants a kiss on my shoulder and i smile... "Thank you..." I whisper and walk off to the bedroom... I chuckle when i drop my dress and Chris appears in the doorway watching me... I take the pins out my hair making it drop down my shoulders... I say nothing and just bend over picking up my dress and i smirk as Chris groans... I walk in my closet hanging it up making a mental note to drop it off at the dry cleaner... 

"Come with me to Boston..." Chris says as i am looking for something to wear... I spin around looking shocked still butt naked... "I thought you wanted to spend time with your family..." I whisper and he smiles... "Yes... But i also want to spend more time with you... I am not ready to not see you every day..." He whispers stepping closer to me and i sigh... "Chris... You have to spend time with your family... I dont want your mom to hate me for keeping you away from them..." I whisper blushing down at the floor... Chris puts his finger under my chin making me look up at him and he grins... 

"Sweetheart i can do both... You already met my mother... She loves you... My sisters and niece and nephews will love you to... I would just love it if you came with... And we have some time just the two of us at my place... No Seb... No Scott..." He says and i smile a little unsure what to say... "But what if people notice i am over at your place... Or see us together without Seb or Scott there..." I whisper... "Dont worry about that... In Boston people pretty much leave me alone..." He whispers and smiles... 

"We can even go out to dinner... Together..." He says i smile... "You mean... Walking in together holding hands... and then leaving together maybe have a little walk after dinner... Drive home and maybe fool around in the car a little..." I say with a little smile on my face and a twinkle in my eyes as i think about it... Chris smirks and nods... "That sounds nice..." He says and leans down and kisses me...

"Are you sure you dont want alone time with your family?" I ask just to be sure... He smiles and shakes his head... "I could use some backup anyway..." He says smirking and i chuckle... "Well in that case how can i say no..." I whisper and he crashes his lips on mine again with a big smile on his face...