The Wizard Without His Genius |53|

Doctor Strange's POV

It's been a rough two years for me, ever since the death of Thanos... the death of Tony Stark. He saved us with the snap of his fingers, I was the one who encouraged it. I'm not close with him, I never was, but a long time ago I stumbled upon a specific timeline that sucked me in. I want to revisit that one.

"It's been awhile." I say to an old friend, I've transported myself to a different dimension where it's easier to communicate with him. The Watcher appears from a shadow, hiding in plain sight saying, "Stephen! What brings you here?"

I timidly look down, brushing my feet up against the crystallized ground, "I'd like to revisit an old timeline you showed me."

He lifts a brow, unsure of what I'm talking about, "You'll have to be more specific, you viewed millions, Stephen."

"The one where... Tony and I were a couple." It's awkward requesting such a thing, but it's the Watcher... I'm sure he's seen worse.

"You were a couple in many timelines." He says, which caught my attention. I've only viewed a few with Tony and I as a couple.

"Yes, but I'm talking about the one where him and I grew up together. We met in college and I was his roommate." I specify, hopefully I don't have to go into more detail.

"Ah, that one! It... didn't end too well."

I tilt my head, "Ah..? Well... I'd like to view it, if that's alright with you?"

"That's fine, it's just... you won't be happy with the ending. Tony's death is an absolute point in time, which means he-"

"-dies in every reality, yes, I know." I cheerlessly interrupt. "I saw the one where I turn evil because of Christine." I mutter.

"Alright, are you ready to view it?" The Watcher asks.

"I am."

Stephen's POV

"Mr. Stark! Mr. Strange!" A voice, which was clearly Peter's, yelled from downstairs. His voice echoed everywhere, we really need to add more furniture in the Sanctum Sanctorum. Tony was so startled that he fell off the bed. I frantically rush out of the room, almost tripping on the bedsheets that got caught on my feet, Tony loosely followed.

"What? What? Peter!? Are you okay?" I'm hardly awake, I can barely keep my eyes open. I accidentally bump into Tony, who is just as tired as me.

I let out a quick, "Sorry." To my fiancé, who groaned in response. My cloak attached to my back as I ran, I almost slipped because I'm wearing Iron Man slippers with nothing that grips the floor.

We find ourselves entering the kitchen, Peter is sitting on the island with a bagel in his mouth, looking at his phone. "Ohffh," Peter's voice was muffled from the crammed food, he took out the bagel, "I found the perfect suits for your wedding!" He showed us a picture of two cheap-looking suits. I'm assuming those are in his budget.

Tony is not amused at all, "Pete, what did I say about waking us up for unimportant things?"

"I know but-" Peter hopped off the island, "Your wedding is important. I just want to make sure that it's special."