31

Hey guys, sorry for not updating sooner I've been busy with finals. I found some time to be able to update though, so let's get to it yeah ??

Deku pov

It's been a few days since the whole shopping incident, right now I'm in the gym, doing a few sit-ups with weights attached to my chest, ankles, and arms. Ren and Akio are messing around with a few dumbbells, working out alongside Kacchan, who's laying on the bench press, lifting 110 pound weights. A few other classmates working out as well.

"Izu look, look !!" I lift myself up to see Ren holding a large weight above her head, staring at me with a large smile. I lift my eyebrow at her and smirk slightly "Uraraka used her quirk, that doesn't count" She angrily pouts at me "nuh-uh !!" "Oh really ?? Let it go then" "uhh" I let out a small chuckle before I stand up, walking towards her.

"C'mere Akio" "mkay" I kneel down in front of them with a small smile "How about you guys do a different type of training" "different ??" "Yup. Akio, I want you to try using your air quirk to lift up the dumbbells. Start from the lightest one and try holding it in the air for 5 full minutes, If you can do that move on to the next one. Tell me when you can hold up the 20 pound one, ok ??"

"As for you Ren, I want you to use your water quirk to try and make shapes in the air. start with simple shapes, squares, circles, triangles, things like that. Hold the shape for five minutes, once you can't think of any more shapes to do, I want you to make them all again, but this time 3-D. After that, I want you to tell me ok."

They both look at each other for a second or two before looking back at me with a determined face. "Ok !!" I smile softly as they run off together, I stand up before walking up to the treadmill, I turn it on and start off with a jog, slowly speeding it up as I start running. "Hey" I turn my head to look over at Kaminari.

"Hey" we both quietly run but I can tell he wants to ask me something. I let out a small sigh before I speak up "just ask Kaminari" I see him flinch slightly before letting out an awkward chuckle. "That obvious huh ??" "Not really, I'm just an over observer. So what's up ??" "Well- I uhh. I-I was wondering if you, ya'know, i-if you umm"

I close my eyes and let out a sigh through my nose. "If you need help with your quirk, then just say so. I don't bite" "h-how did you ??" "Like I said, I'm an over observer. I've noticed the way you try walking up to me during training but then shy away. Or am I wrong ??" "Uhh, .... no" I turn my head towards him "so, what do you need help with ??"

I watch as he bites his lip before looking up at me "I was hoping you could tell me what I'm doing wrong ?? I've tried so many things but no matter what, I always short circuit and I don't know why" "Simple really, it's the draw back of your quirk, you can't get rid of it" he looks down with a frown "oh" "but, you can overcome it"

"This is what I want you to try doing. Your limit is 1,300,000 (one million three hundred thousand) volts, and you'll short circuit for 1 hour, correct ??" "Mhmm" "Alright then, I want you to, in a secluded area, start off with 1,000 volts, holding it for 20 minutes before adding another 1,000 volts. Whenever you feel like you're about to short circuit, I want you to hyper-focus and start counting."

"Counting ??" I nod once "yes, counting" "why do I need to count ??" "Counting will keep you conscious, if you're able to count to 100 while short circuiting, then you can move on to step two." "That makes sense I guess. What about the voltage ??" "If you're able to count while short circuiting at say, 10,000 volts, then that means that you're staying conscious."

"If you keep that up, then you'll eventually be able to stay conscious at 10,000,000 (ten million) volts, and even fight while short circuiting. Of course, it's only hypothetical" "dude !! That's amazing, I'll take anything at this point, thanks man !!" He turns off the treadmill before running away, already getting started with the training"

I continue running for another 20 minutes before hopping off, making my way over to the heavy duty dip strands. I grab onto the bars before lifting myself straight out, pushing myself up and down for 20 minutes before climbing off, reaching up and wiping the sweat from my forehead, a small sigh pushing past my lips.

 I grab onto the bars before lifting myself straight out, pushing myself up and down for 20 minutes before climbing off, reaching up and wiping the sweat from my forehead, a small sigh pushing past my lips

(This is a heavy duty dip strand)

'Ok, time to get serious' I walk back over to the weights, adding another 100 pounds to my ankles, chest, and arms. 'Ok, that makes 500 pounds each' I make my way back over to the high bar. I climb up and hold myself up with the back of my knees before I start doing some upside-down sit-ups, I work with that for 30 minutes before moving on to the next thing.

I do different types of work outs before I get grossed out by the amount of sweat sticking to my shirt. I take off the weight vest before grabbing the hem of my shirt, pulling it up over my head using it to wipe the sweat from my face. "PFFFTT !!" I look to the side where I see Kacchan coughing on some water while eyeing me up and down.

I raise a brow at him before shrugging and putting the vest back on my chest, moving onto the next machine. I look over at Ren, smiling softly as I see the sweat running down her forehead, a concentrated look on her face as she tries holding the wobbly square in the air. Akio being more or less in the same condition with the dumbbells.

"Damn Midoriya, nice body" I look over at Mina as she eyes my chest, I roll my eyes before continuing on the bench press "whatever" I hear her let out a snort as she points behind herself with her thumb. "Bakugou doesn't seem to think it's 'whatever'" I look over at Kacchan to see him still staring at me in the most obvious way ever.

I let out a small grunt before looking back up at Mina "Your point ??" She sits down beside me staring at me with a smirk "c'mon Midobabe, don't tell me that you aren't interested in someone as hot as Bakubabe" "I'm not" "lies, I see the way you look at him" "I haven't seen him in years, of course I'm gonna stare"

She lets out a groan as I push the bar back up again and again. "That's not what I mean" "then how do you mean ??" "I mean, wouldn't you hit that ?? Bakubae's fine as fuck, I sure wouldn't mind getting banged by him" I feel my eyebrow twitch before it put the bar up on the small stand. "I didn't need to hear that, bye"

She just laughs at me as I walk away from her, going to the next machine. Kacchan walking over and sitting down beside me as I adjust the weights. "If you're going to stare, don't make it obvious. People will start to question it" "when the fuck did you get so ripped ??" I put my legs under the foot bar before I start lifting the weights.

"Somewhere around 12" "the fuck ??" "I lived in the streets as a vigilante, of course I worked out Kacchan" "...." we both stay in an awkward silence that slowly dissipates as we continue working out. "Soo, have you thought ab-" "No" "no you haven't thought about it, or no you won't ??" ".... Both" "tch, why the hell not"

"I'm busy" "and I haven't been helping ??" "barley" 'BANG' I side eye Kacchan as he drops the weights before turning and glaring at me. "The fuck you mean barley !?" I close my eyes and let out a small sigh, leaning my head back against the chair. "I've done plenty to help you, you bastard !! If you don't wanna, then just say so !!"

I look up at Kacchan for a second "I did, but you insisted" ".... Fine" he stands up before storming out of the gym room, a few classmates staring between me and the door, whispering among themselves. I let out a breath through my nose as I continue with my set. 'I don't want you getting involved with me .... I can't lose you for good Kacchan'

Hey guys, so this was more of a filler chapter, but I have some exciting stuff in mind, so stay tuned for that, hope you enjoyed 🧡💚

1510 words