CHAPTER 27

CHAPTER 27
SPIRIT BROTHER

The sense of worry that was previously filling Sao'Nae like in inescapable flood suddenly stopped in it's tracks, the mention of the Tulkun sending her eyes wide and chest into a frenzy. Tsireya stood in the shallow water with a smile of her face, though moments before Sao'Nae could've swore she saw her staring at her and Neteyam in confusion. She quickly jumped away from the handsome blue boy and stood from the sand, brushing off her long legs before pulling Neteyam up as well.

" We're coming Tsireya!" She hollard, " Have you seen Nasilive?!"

The younger girl smiled and nodded, " Yes! He is with my spirit sister!" She assured, diving back into the water and quickly swimming away. Sao'Nae grinned wildly and grabbed Neteyam's hand, forcing him into the waves with her and leading him to the main entryway to Awa'atlu. That is where the migration usually leads them.

Before Sao'Nae had a chance to dive, Neteyam stopped her.

" We finish this conversation later, yeah?" He asked, staring longingly at the daughter of the chief, " I want to finish this."

Sao'Nae giggled, not even noticing that she did it to begin with, and nodded, " Even If I have to sneak out every night to catch a glimpse of the moon on you skin. We will talk."

Like any boy Neteyam rolled his eyes, still smiling like an idiot, " Who is Nasilive?"

Sao'Nae was once again growing impatient, reattaching to his wrist and pulling him deeper into the water as if she were a deadly siren luring him to his death, " If you come, you can meet him!" She argued, her smile sun-worthy.

The two swam to the main area where the Tulkun always returned, watching as Metkayina people dove into the water, some riding their Ilu or excitedly grabbing their babies to show their spirit friends, brother, sisters, and sometimes even mothers or fathers. The Tulkun searched for those they held dear, some doing flips like Okà---Tsireya's playful young sister.

Then their were others.

One Tulkun was bigger and darker than the rest of it's companions, and on it's under left eye was a long irritating scar. One that certainly once bothered the calf to it's core during it's younger years. Though in comparison to the other whale like creatures, this one seemed to be the odd ball.

Sao'Nae excited squealed and swam even faster, pulling Neteyam through the waves and ignoring the prospect of Ronal or Tonowari seeing her. Hoping they were far to endowed with their own spirit sisters and brothers.

As soon as the girl was within arms reach of her spirit brother she attempted to give him a hug. Obviously he was far to big. So in the end she was just pressed up against him and clinging to what little surface area she could before stepping back.

" You've grown." Said Sao'Nae.

" And it seems so have you, little one."

Sao'Nae smiled, looking behind her where Neteyam stood watching in awe, a large unkept smile on his face even in the water, " I met someone." She signed, knowing Neteyam couldn't see from behind her.

" Its the boy behind you...isn't it." Sao'Nae could hear bellow in her head, causing her to almost laugh.

" Don't sound so excited." She smirked.

Nasilive rolled in the water, a loud roaring sound coming from inside him as if he were groaning in exasperation. Sao'Nae nodded, " Yes. It is the boy behind me. He is....different." Sao'Nae almost struggled to find the words.

" Different? He's a guy. Na'vi boys are bout' as different as fish are to Tsawl'kxa."

Sao'Nae reached forward and gently slapped under his eye, giving the Tulkun a little look, " Neteyam really is. He's honest and sweet---"

" He's a guy."

" Stop being a butt---" She demanded, looking over her shoulder where Neteyam still floated aimlessly before waving him to her side. Quickly Neteyam placed himself firmly beside her, smiling ever still.

Now that Neteyam could see her hands, she spoke.

" Teyam' this is my spirit brother. Nasilive. Defender of calf. Back of the migration protection. Defender of Tulkun."

Neteyam looked curiously at Nasilive and titled his head, " I thought Tulkun didn't kill?"

Sao'Nae nodded, " Nasilive does not kill. He just hits them very. Very. Very Hard." Nasilive raised his fin towards Sao'Nae and the girl hit it with her knuckles. Neteyam blinked a couple of times.

Did he really just watch his girl fist bump a Tulkun? Yeah....yeah he did.

⚠️FILLER CHAPTER⚠️