CHAPTER 29

CHAPTER 29
SWEET NOTHING'S

It felt like they were the only two in the world, and Neteyam would be a filthy liar if he said he stopped wanting to kiss her. It was like a carnal urge had awakened in his chest the moment she allowed herself to feel for him. They were two halves of the same whole, longing and loving one another.

Sao'Nae and Neteyam laid beside one another on the pile of leaves of straw, their eyes locked on one another. They hadn't...bonded...but they did kiss. They'd decided that even if they were eighteen cycles old and of age of maturity, that this was something much more serious than just fooling around. They didn't want to rush things, Sao'Nae especially.

She smiled and reached her hand out, " I see you." She whispered.

Neteyam smiled and nuzzled against her palm, " I see you." He replied.

It was a bittersweet moment. Finally acknowledging the air between them and how different it was from anything else in their lives. Sao'Nae knew Ronal would be furious. Absolutely livid. She imagined the look on her face if she found out she'd kissed Neteyam, so many times.

The blue boy chuckled and pulled her closer to his chest, letting her head rest over his heart, " I know you're worried about your mother." He spoke, his voice soft like summer rain, " But I am not. I will protect us."

Sao'Nae glanced up at him, her chin still rested on his skin, " I am not a little girl in need of defending, Ma'Teyam."

He nodded and smiled, " I know, Ma'Tanhì." He ran his fingers over her soft curls, twirling a strand or two over his digits, " I mean I will not allow her to separate us. I am not ashamed of loving you, you know this. The amount of times I...."

Sao'Nae shook her head closing her eyes, " Don't worry about my mother. I will handle it. But until then I think it's best if we keep this a secret."

The two became quiet. Neteyam knew it was probably best for them but in a way it felt like she was still scared. Scared of what her mother and her people would say. Imagine your Tsahik, the person meant to look out for you and your family, marrying an outsider who just recently learned to free-dive. They were reef people. A Forest boy had no right to be their chief.

Neteyam took a deep breath, " Are you... Ashamed?" He asked, knowing that no matter her answer he would still love her, " My feelings will not be hurt if you are, I completely understand---"

" No, my yawntu." She smiled, kissing his chest lightly, " I am not ashamed of you. I could never be ashamed of you."

This brought some peace to Neteyam's mind. He leaned forward, bringing Sao'Nae with him and holding her to his lean frame. He softly gripped his love by the name of her neck and caressed the skin as tenderly as possible, looking into her eyes as if nothing were more important.

This was their time.

Neteyam's tail flickered softly, curling around Sao'Nae's much more padde-like tail. He wanted so badly to finish the mating process...

But he could wait. He would wait. For Sao'Nae he'd wait a million years for even a chance at seeing her smile, much less her.....

He loved her.

" Ngenga're tìkawng ohe tiyawn. Ma'Tanhì."

Sao'Nae couldn't help the dopey smile that befell her lips. You're everything I love. My star. Those were the words he spoke. They were soft and fluid against his tongue and held a thousand meanings. Especially for her. She knew she could love no-one else. She could fall for no-one else. Her mother could gift her a hundred different boys from a hundred different reef-clans and she'd still choose Neteyam each time.

He cupped her face and gently kissed her lips again, " You said that you are mine, and that I am yours..." He whispered, kneeling his head against hers, " Does that mean you're my mate?" He asked, knowing the pure weight of his words.

Sao'Nae licked her lips and nodded breathlessly, " Yes."

That one word was all he needed.

" Oeyä muntxa si?"

She giggled at his words, " Yes. You're mate."