CHAPTER 34

CHAPTER 32
THE MIGHTY WARRIOR

Sao'Nae was as serious as a heart attack as she followed her clan to the enemy ship, spear on her lap and knives on her thighs. Her eyes narrowed as the metal ship came into view, looking to see Tsireya, Lo'ak, and Tuk chained to the guard railing. The young warrior's nose twitched with aggravation, her shoulders hunched as she saw a blue Na'vi man standing beside Lo'ak while holding a gun. Miles.

The girl's head tilted, her fist clenching tight.

Where's Neteyam...

A low gutteral growl left Sao'Nae's lips and as she went to charge forward on her skimwing, her father held out his spear across her chest, stopping her quickly. The man didn't even need to glance at her to know what he needed to do.

Sao'Nae huffed and looked at Miles, analyzing him but not moving forward. She glanced to her father quickly and licked her lips, " I can kill him, father." She assured, wanting nothing more than to slit his throat and watch his lifeless body float in the water.

Tonowari shook his head, " They have your sister. Be patient..." He grimaced.

Miles took the earpiece from Lo'ak and quickly put it in his own ear, Sao'Nae's eyes shot over to Jake, waiting to see his reaction...To see what this blue-skinned demon was demanding. She could see the guns aimed at them. She could see the fear of Tuk and Tsireya's faces.

Sao'Nae wanted to lunge forward. To attack. Tsireya wasn't built for war. She was built for love and respect, to look after her family and care for those who had no care for themselves. Killing? Hunting? Leading? That was Sao'Nae's job. Not hers. Being a hostage was never a part of her teachings, but they certainly were for the future Tsahik.

" Father I---"

Tonowari shot her a look, " Wait."

Jake focused his scope on Miles, " They got our kids...your daughter...Tuk. Lo'ak." He said, resting his jaw as Tonowari snarled and shifted restlessly in his saddle.

Sao'Nae glanced to her mother who stared painfully at the demon-ship, a small grunt leaving her lips, a painful yet pitiful sound. Her baby was on that ship. Sao'Nae focused back on Miles, seeing his lips move but not hearing what he was saying. But as he grabbed his pistol off his hip and pointed it at Lo'ak's skull, Sao'Nae quickly gathered the gist of the conversation...

Jake took a shaky breath, " Fuck...."

Slowly he lowered his gun.

" Just wait one second." He quickly said, holding his mic against his throat. The man looked to the Metkayina leaders and then to Sao'Nae. The look in their eyes was undeniable. It was the same look he'd seen in the eyes of the Omatikiya clan the day he admitted that he was a spy. The anger. The pain. It was all there.

Ronal hissed quietly to herself, her eyes darting to Sao'Nae...

Jake swallowed hard and looked to Tonowari, " Hold here." He said.

Tonowari shook his head and scoffed, " They are killers of Tulkun." He snapped, pointing his spear as he spoke, " They must die. Here. Today."

" It's me that they want!" Jake acknowledged, shaking his head and looking around as if that would give him the answers he needed, " That's what all of this has been about, right? The hunting of the Tulkun, the taking of our kids!"

Sao'Nae closed her eyes and lowered her head, the mere thought of losing Tsireya poking a hole in her heart. Tonowari stared sadly at Jake Sully, knowing he was right. This was all his fault...