Chapter 08

It was the time of the night, the moon was shining over the Rathore mansion and it peeped into Aditya’s room from the window. Avni and Aditya were standing in the room at a good distance. Avni was feeling awkward. Aditya was looking at Avni.

Aditya: come, sit.

Avni nodded by looking down. Avni and Aditya went to the couch and they sat there. Both were silent and were looking here and there. Aditya looked at Avni and then he looked here and there. Avni also did the same.

Aditya in mind: Adi, why are you sitting silently? Say something, talk to her. you asked her to stay so easily now talk to her.

Avni in mind: If he didn't have to talk, why did he stop me? Avni, this is the right chance to give the letter to Aditya.

Avni was about to say something but Aditya talked first.

Aditya: How do you like our house?

It was a sudden question for Avni. Avni got disappointed but she smiled.

Avni: it’s nice, actually, beautiful.

Aditya smiled.

Aditya: and room?

Avni looked at the room. Aditya looked at the room and then he looked at Avni.

Avni said while looking at the room: the room is also nice.

Aditya: if you need any changes then tell me. I will renovate the door as per your wish.

Avni smiled.

Avni: no, your room is very nice. There is no need for any change.

Aditya smiled.

Aditya: ok. By the way, you are unique. All my married friends say that after marriage their room has been completely changed. Everything from paint to curtains.

Avni smiled.

Avni: Their wives must have done that. But in this room, from the paint to the curtains, everything is perfect. Your choice is very good.

Aditya said while looking at Avni: that’s true.

Aditya smiled. Avni looked at Aditya and she blushed. Avni smiled by looking down and Aditya enjoyed her blush. Avni remembered something.

Avni: can I ask you a question, please?

Aditya nodded yes.

Aditya: yes, ask.

Avni: when you don’t like Kheer then why did you eat it?  

Aditya smiled and he lowered his gaze. Aditya sighed and looked at Avni. Aditya smiled and nodded.

Aditya: you said right, I didn’t like Kheer. Didn’t… past tense. But now, I like it. In fact, love it. Actually, I didn’t want to hurt you by refusing it. And if I would have refused to eat it then what would be my image in your eyes. I want to be a hero in your eyes, not zero.

Avni looked at Aditya surprisingly. Avni smiled.

Aditya: but when I had it then honestly I really liked that. It was delicious. I want to eat more.

Avni smiled.

Aditya: really. If you don’t trust me then ask Arjun.

Avni: no need to ask him. I trust you but do you trust me?

Aditya frowned. Avni was looking at Aditya who smiled.

Aditya: I trust you blindly.

Avni was astonished to hear that.