Chapter 10

It was the time of evening, the birds were enjoying the soft breeze and were flying in the sky. The sun was shining in the sky over the Rathore mansion where the Rathore family was present in the living area and was sitting on the couch.

Anjana: what, Pune?

Aditya looked at his mother who looked at her husband and sons.

Anjana: his wedding is in the next month. How can he go?

Gaurav: he will come back before that.

Anjana: But...

Gaurav cut her.

Gaurav: If I could go, I would have gone myself, but I cannot go, so Aditya will have to go.

Anjana: I understand but it is his time to meet Avni. They should meet, should try to understand each other. They should give time to each other.

Aditya looked down because he also wanted to give time to Avni. He wanted to go on a drive with her, want to go on a dinner date, ice cream date, and whatnot.

Gaurav: I understand and I also don't want to send him but I am also helpless what do I do?

Anjana looked down.

Ambika: what has happened to you, Anjana? why you are making the issue of a small thing?

Everyone looked at her. Anjana was shocked to hear that.

Anjana: I...

Ambika: In our time, elders of the house used to fix our marriage, and we used to see our groom after marriage. They just tell us that your wedding is on that day and we silently accept that now don't know what has happened to the kids of this generation. They want to meet and want to know each other before marriage. Avni and Adi have a whole life to know each other. They can know each other after their wedding.

Anjana: that time was different. Now, the time has changed. Now, boys and girls believe in love marriages but our Adi is a well-mannered boy, he gave respect our decision and said yes to this alliance. Now, he and Avni should have to meet and understand each other.

Ambika murmured: you had a love marriage what do I expect from you.

Everyone got upset. Anjana was shocked and the temperature of the Rathore mansion was increasing. Anjana was about to answer.

Aditya: it's ok, Mom.

Everyone looked at him.

Aditya: work is also important. We cannot avoid it and about I and Avni then don't worry about it, I will handle everything. Grandma is right, we have a whole life to know each other. We can know each other after our wedding, right now, this work is more important.

Ambika looked at Anjana.

Anjana: but...

Aditya: I will try to come back as soon as possible, and I will talk to Avni daily on phone.

Anjana was looking at him. Aditya turned to his father.

Aditya: Dad, when do I have to go?

Gaurav: tomorrow.

Aditya was shocked and he got sad.

Aditya: ok, Dad.

Anjana: have you talked to Avni about it?

Aditya and others looked at Anjana.

Anjana: you both were going to the dinner tomorrow.

Everyone was shocked and Aditya looked down. Everyone looked at Aditya who looked at them and then he looked away.