Chapter 39

It was daytime, the sun was shining over the Rathore mansion where the Rathore family was waiting for Arjun. Arjun came back and a handy cam was in his hand. Arjun showed the handy cam and Aditya was shocked to see that. Aditya took the handy cam.

Aditya: it is the same handy cam that Avni gave me.

Everyone got shocked.

Aditya opened the handy cam and opened the video. Everyone moved close to him. They saw that Avni is sitting on the couch.

Avni: Hi, Aditya, I know, you must be thinking that why I have recorded this message. Actually, Aditya, I want to tell you about something very important but I can’t tell that to you face to face that’s why, I am recording this video…

Avni paused and clenched her fist.

Avni: Aditya, I have a past.

Aditya and everyone got shocked.  Avni paused and she thought about her past. Avni was puzzled about from where she starts and then she went through the same pain again. Avni closed her eyes and clenched her fist. Avni squeezed her eyes. Aditya felt bad to see her.

Avni: Aditya, I, I was a drug addict and alcoholic person.

Everyone got shocked except Gauav.

Avni’s eyes were closed.

Avni: And I got caught by police when I was a teenage girl...

Everyone got shocked.

Avni: but, trust me, I, I… it was not my mistake. I was trapped. I, I never thought that my friends, my own friends will do that to me.

Everyone got another shock. Avni paused for a while because she was thinking.

Avni: this all starts when I was sixteen years old. No, not then… it all started when I was a kid. Don’t know how old I was, I just remember that I was attracted to that life that people call “Freedom”

Aditya frowned. Everyone was watching the video.

Avni: since my childhood, I was not allowed to go to play at my friend’s home, their parties and all. Grandma never permitted me to go even if I sometimes I went to my friends that too I went with Mama. Not only I, but Aman Bhai was also not allowed. I mean, we were not restricted or under house arrest. No, Mama, papa gave us a good life where we were used to visiting places and parks but that life where we can go anywhere by ourselves alone, we never got that life till our teenage because Grandma thinks that a teenage is a most dangerous age and she was right to some extent because it was the age when I lost my balance and fell in a trap…

Avni paused a few seconds.

Avni: I always wanted freedom and wanted to go anywhere myself just like my friends and classmate. They were used to partying in each other’s homes and staying in each other’s homes. They studied together and had fun. I also wanted that life, I wanted to go to visit my friends and party with them, stayed with them. Sometimes, the classmates of mine and their elder siblings made fun of me and they even bullied me.

Aditya and others got shocked and Avni remembered and saw the flashes where she was 12 or 13 years old and kids were saying shame, shame; shame, shame, mama’s baby wants feeder. Aww, poor baby. Avni closed her eyes and tears fell from her eyes. Avni wiped her tears and sighed.

Avni: I even told Mama, papa about it and they talked to the authorities and they resolved the matter.

Avni sighed.

Avni: but kids are kids, they never listen to anyone so the routine continued and Aman Bhai became my savior. Whenever anyone says something to me, he comes to save me. Our unity became my strength…oops, sorry, I went in the wrong direction. I was saying something else and went somewhere else.