Chapter 50

It was daytime the birds were hovering in the sky and Avni and Aditya were sitting on the bed. Aditya was shockingly looking at Avni who was looking at him innocently.

Aditya: Avni, do you even have an idea what you are saying?

Avni was looking at Aditya.

Aditya: We go back to home. Home? Rathore mansion? Have you forgotten what happened there? What did Grandma do with you?

Avni: I didn’t forget anything but I want to forget that night.

Aditya: will you be able to?

Avni was speechless. She was looking at Aditya who was waiting for her reply.

Avni: They are our family.

Aditya: This is not the answer to my question.

Avni looked on.

Aditya: Grandma humiliated you.

Avni: So what? She is our elder. She reacted to what she heard.

Aditya: Still she didn’t have the right to say those things to you. How can she give you names?

Avni: It was her love for you.

Aditya looked away.

Avni: She is our elder. What is in it if she said something in anger? Aditya, they are our family. Till when we will live away from there. Soon, our baby will come into this world. Why would our child be deprived of the love of his grandparents when it has its grandparents? It has its uncle.

Aditya: Avni, I understand but…

Avni: Aditya, everything is fine now. Our family is waiting for us. Let’s go to our family, our city. Our parents are there. Our happiness is there.

Aditya: Grandma is also there.

Avni looked on.

Aditya: Can you forgive her for what she did?

Avni: I can try. Maybe, I will never forget that night but I will try not to let it affect our lives, our home.

Aditya looked away. Aditya talked while looking at the ground.

Aditya: Avni, if you want to go back then I will take you back to our city but I will never bring you back to that home from where you were kicked out.

Avni got sad. Aditya was still looking at the ground.

Aditya: After your delivery, we will go back. We will live in our apartment. But you will not go to that home.

Aditya looked at Avni. Avni was about to say.

Aditya: And that’s final.

Avni was looking at Aditya who looked at her. Aditya lowered his gaze and then he looked at Avni. Aditya got up. Aditya was going.

Avni: Aditya, you also did wrong that night if you get forgiveness then why not Grandma?

Aditya was shocked and turned to Avni. They were looking at each other. Aditya looked down and then he looked at Avni who was looking at her. Aditya turned and started going from there. Avni was looking at Aditya. Avni realized what she said. Avni felt guilty. Aditya went from there.

Avni: I shouldn’t have said that to him… tch, Avni, what did you do?

Avni felt bad and looked at the door.

Later, Avni was lying on the bed in Fowler’s position and was reading a book. Aditya came there carrying two plates and a knife. Fruits were kept in one plate. Avni saw Aditya who smiled to see her and Avni also smiled. Aditya came and sat on the bed.