Chapter 49

It was the daytime, the sun was shining over the building and it entered Avni and Aditya’s room from the window where Avni and Aditya were sitting on the bed and Aditya’s phone was in his hand. They were talking on the phone with the family.

Aditya: Avni will not come there.

Avni and others looked at Aditya. The family was shocked.

Anjana: Why? Now everything is fine then why?

Aditya: Mom, I don’t want Avni to come there.

Avni looked down.

Aditya: That home, the place from where Avni was humiliated and kicked out, I don't want Avni to even set a step in that home.

Avni looked at Aditya.

Gaurav: We understand. You do what you feel is right… We just want your happiness.

Avni and Aditya smiled but they were sad also.

Aditya: ab, ok, we will talk later, it is time for Avni’s juice. Everything has to be given to her on time. Medicines, fruits, juice, everything has to be reminded to this madam.

Avni made a sad pout and others smiled.

Gaurav: OK.

Aditya smiled and said bye. Avni also smiled and said bye. Aditya cut the call and Avni glared at Aditya. Aditya was smiling and when he looked at Avni, his smile faded. Aditya was shocked.

Aditya: What happened?

Avni: I don’t take care of myself?

Aditya: When I said that? I said that everything has to be given to her on time.

Avni: Both things are the same.

Aditya: So what did I say wrong? You are so careless about your health. You didn’t forget to have medicine on time?

Avni was speechless. Aditya raised his eyebrows.

Avni: ab, ab…

Avni thought. She got an idea.

Avni: So why do I take care of myself? Why you are here?

This time, Aditya was speechless. Aditya looked at Avni who raised her eyebrows.

Aditya: ab, I am here for you but still you should have to be careful. I came now but you were handling everything alone before my coming. How you were handling everything alone then?

Avni was shocked and emotional. Tears formed in Avni’s eyes. Aditya was shocked.

Avni: It was not easy for me to handle everything alone. I missed you so much. I felt your need very much. I wanted you beside me.

Aditya felt bad.

Aditya: Whenever I went to the doctor, I felt a great need for you. Everyone's husband was with them and my sister-in-law came with me, I was used  to miss you a lot.

Aditya felt a pinch in his heart. Avni’s eyes were teary and Aditya was getting emotional.

Avni: Whenever I go for the sonography, I really want you with me. I still remember when I went for the sonography for the first time, I was very nervous, I was also very scared, at that time I wanted you beside me. I wanted your support. I knew that only you could make me feel good but you were not there with me. I felt so lonely.

Aditya felt bad and guilty.

Avni: The days were very difficult. Only I and my God know how I passed these six months. I didn’t want to think about you. I wanted to forget you. I was used to say to myself that I don’t miss you, I don’t need you in my life but deep in my heart, I knew that I still love you.