Chapter 45

It was the time of the night, the stars were twinkling in the sky and the roads were flowing with the vehicles. In the apartment, everyone gathered for dinner except Aditya.

Aman: Aarti, give him food in his room and ask him to not come out.

Avni heard but she didn’t look up. Aarti nodded and went.

Aditya was coming to the door but he heard the footsteps so he looked up. Aarti came and stood at the door. A tray of dinner with a glass of water was in his hands. Aditya smiled.

Aditya: Bhabhi? Please, come inside.

Aarti smiled and came. She went to keep the tray on the table. Aarti turned to Aditya.

Aarti: your dinner. Aman asked me to give you dinner in the room.

Aditya smiled.

Aditya: no problem, Bhabhi. He did right, if I had dinner with you guys then maybe Avni left the food in between so it is better I stay here. Stress is not good for her and the Baby.

Aarti smiled. She looked at the room.

Aarti: how will you be here?

Aditya: don’t worry.

Aarti: if you don’t mind then you can sleep in the living area.

Aditya: why would I mind? You are asking it for my betterment. Even it is a good idea.

Aditya whispered: I can keep an eye on my wife in this way.

They smiled.

Aarti: you sleep in the living area tonight, I will call the electrician tomorrow.

Aditya: no worries. Ab, you go before your angry man comes here.

They smiled.

Aarti: both brother and sister are angry birds.

They smiled and then Aarti went from there and Aditya sighed.

It was the time of the night, Avni was laying on the bed in a Fowler’s position.

Avni: How will Aditya stay there? He is habitual of sleeping in the AC. How will he sleep there?

Avni got worried.

Avni: Should I go and check on him?

Avni thought and then she got angry.

Avni: No. don’t be an emotional fool, Avni. Don’t forget what he and his family did with you. You will not go there and that’s final.

Avni nodded.

On the other side, Aditya was laying on the couch in the living area keeping his head on his arm, and was thinking something. Aditya turned his side and tried to sleep but he was feeling uncomfortable so he was not able to sleep. Aditya turned his sides.

Later, Avni was laying on the bed and was sleeping. Aditya slowly came to the window and saw Avni. Aditya smiled to see Avni. Aditya came to the door and slowly he tried to open the door and it opened. Aditya carefully opened the door and he came to Avni. Aditya sat on his knees and smiled to see Avni. Aditya slowly caressed Avni’s hair. Avni smiled in sleep and Aditya got emotional.

Aditya whispered: sorry.

Aditya looked at Avni’s belly and he forwarded his hand to touch Avni’s belly. His hands were shaking and he touched Avni’s belly. Aditya shivered and took a deep sigh. Tears fell from his eyes.

Aditya cried: My baby.

Aditya gave a soft kiss on the belly.

Aditya whispered: Papa loves you.