Chapter 48

It was the time of night, the moon was shining in the sky and it peeked into Avni’s room from the window which was lit by dim lights. Aditya was sleeping peacefully but his sleep got disturbed by hearing the sobbing. Aditya frowned and opened his eyes. Aditya looked at the bed and was shocked to see the empty bed. Aditya sat on the couch and was shocked because Avni was sitting near the bed on the ground. Aditya faced Avni’s back. Aditya got worried.

Aditya: Avni?

Aditya took away the duvet and he got up. Aditya hurriedly went to Avni and sat beside her. Avni was crying and sobbing. Aditya kept his hand on Avni’s shoulder.

Aditya: Avni?

Avni looked at him. Aditya got worried and he cupped Avni’s face.

Aditya: What happened? Are you having pain? Hmm?

Avni was crying and Aditya took away the hair from Avni’s face and cupped her face. Avni nodded. Aditya was shocked. Aditya touched Avni’s womb.

Aditya: Where?

Aditya gulped and looked at Avni. Avni kept her finger on her heart.

Avni: Here.

Aditya frowned.

Aditya: here?

Avni nodded. Aditya thought.

Aditya: Come, let’s go to the doctor.

Aditya moved to give support to Avni. Avni stopped him and Aditya looked at her. Avni shook her head.

Aditya: Avni! Avni, let me take you to the hospital.

Avni Sniffed.

Avni: I am fine.

Aditya: Avni…

Avni: I am fine. I don’t have pain there. I am hurt.

Aditya was looking at her. Avni looked at Aditya.

Avni: why you didn’t believe me?

Aditya got emotional. Avni caught Aditya’s shirt’s neck and Aditya saw that and then he looked at Avni.

Avni: Why did you do that to me?

Aditya was surprised.

Avni: Why?

Aditya cupped Avni’s face.

Aditya: I got mad, Avni. I am sorry. Don’t know what happened to me. I got mad. I had lost my mind. I lost you because of my stupidity. Please forgive me, I am sorry.

Avni; I had given you the handy cam. I had recorded everything in that. I even asked you about that and you said, you had seen the video and had nothing to do with my past still you…

Aditya held Avni’s hand in his hands.

Aditya: Trust me, Avni, I hadn’t seen that video. I kept the handy cam in my room but Arjun took that and I thought, someone stole that.

Avni: I asked you about that and you said, you have seen the video.

Aditya: I lied because you were already very disturbed and if I told you that I had lost the handy cam then you would have gotten more worried so I lied to you… Avni, I remembered about that handy cam, after your going from home but till then it was too late. I wanted to come to you but I was feeling guilty and…

Avni was looking at Aditya. Aditya was looking at Avni sadly.

Avni: We lost so many months, we could make many memories but everything got destroyed.