Chapter 19

It was the daytime, the sun was shining over the Chauhan mansion. Avni entered the mansion and when she looked up, she saw her mother standing there. Alka folded her arms and Avni frowned.

Avni: what happened?

Alka came to her and held Avni’s arm. Avni was surprised.

Avni: Mama, what happened?

Alka: what happened? You are asking me what happened. I should ask this question to you that what has happened to you?

Avni: what do you mean? What you want to say, I don’t understand.

Alka made a face.

Alka: Aditya was going why you didn’t get up.

Avni frowned.

Alka: he is your husband. It is your duty to drop him outside when he goes out.

Avni: Mama, are you serious? If Aditya goes outside 10 times a day then do I have to go to drop him off every time?

Alka palmed her head.

Alka: Avni, what should I do with you?

Avni: what?

Alka: Avni, Aditya is your husband. You…

Avni got frustrated.

Avni: I know, Aditya is my husband. No need to repeat it again and again.

Alka: Avni?

Avni: Mama, what do you want to say?

Alka: bacha, try to understand, Aditya is your husband.

Avni made a face and Alka got angry and turned Avni to her pulling her arm.

Alka: listen, Avni.

Avni was shocked. Alka realized that she is a little bit harsh.

Alka: bacha, try to understand. You both are married now, you have to think about the happiness of each other. I am not asking you to follow him everywhere. But, when he gets ready for the office and goes to the office then you should be available for him. Maybe, he needs anything.

Avni thinks.

Alka: when he goes office then if you go to drop him off outside, he will get happy. He will like it.

Avni looked at Alka.

Alka: Avni, bacha, these small gestures make a relationship stronger and more beautiful. These gestures and postures are important in a relationship.

Avni thinks.

Alka: today, it was clearly shown on Aditya’s face that he wants you to go with him outside.

Avni was surprised.

Alka: he even signaled you by saying bye but you didn’t understand.

Avni looked at Alka and tried to remember.

Flashback:

Aditya: ok, Avni, bye.

Aditya looked at Avni with hopeful eyes.

Avni: hmm, bye.

Aditya nodded in disappointment.

Aditya: I will come in the evening to pick up you.

Avni nodded.

Flashback ends.

Avni was shocked because she realized that Aditya wanted her to come with her. Avni felt bad and got angry with herself. Avni felt guilty. Avni looked at her.