Chapter 33

It was the time of the morning, the sun peeped into Avni and Aditya’s room where Avni was standing in front of the dressing table and brushing her hair. It was Sunday so everyone was at home.

The door opened and Aditya came into the room. Avni got surprised to see him and looked down. Aditya looked up and saw Avni. Avni kept the hairbrush on the dressing table and turned. Aditya’s eyes were on Avni who was coming to him but Avni was looking down.

Avni was going and was nervous. When she reached Aditya, she thought to go from there silently but Aditya held her hand and Avni got shocked. They were standing parallel to each other. Aditya turned his face to Avni who was looking down.

Aditya: what has happened to you?

Avni avoided eye contact.

Avni: n, nothing.

Aditya: then? Why are you ignoring me?

Avni: nothing is like that.

Aditya: say it looking at me.

Avni didn’t look at Aditya. Aditya waited for Avni's reaction.

Aditya: Avni.

Avni tried to free her hand and Aditya looked at their hands.

Avni: Aditya, leave my hand.

Aditya got angry.

Aditya: Avni, what happened to you suddenly? Everything was fine till last night. We con…

Aditya stopped and Avni also got shocked. Avni felt embarrassed and Aditya thought. Aditya looked at Avni.

Aditya: everything was fine till last night. We were happy. We became one. You were all ok then what happened?

Avni remained silent.

Aditya: Are you guilty for last night?

Avni gave no reply.

Aditya: do you think that we did a mistake?

Avni got shocked.

Avni: No, I am not guilty p that.

Aditya: then what has happened all of a sudden?

Avni remained silent.

Aditya: when you are not guilty and everything is fine then why are you ignoring me? Why are you behaving weirdly?

No reply. Aditya got upset.

Aditya: why do you always do this? How will I understand when you will not tell me what is the matter? You never share what is in your heart. You always do this, you just keep quiet, you don't say anything. How can I know what is in your heart?

Avni remained silent. They heard that Anjana is calling Avni. Avni looked at the door and Aditya turned his face. Avni tried to free her hand. Aditya looked at the hands.

Avni: Aditya, leave my hand, Mom is calling me.

Aditya looked at Avni and left her hand in anger. Aditya got upset with Avni. Avni looked at the hands and then she thought. Aditya looked away and fumed. Avni didn’t look at Aditya and went from there. Aditya looked at Avni. Aditya sighed and he went to bed. Aditya sat. Aditya ran his hand through his hair and held his neck and then he joined his hands.

Aditya’s point of view:

Sometimes, it feels like everything is fine, and the next moment you prove me wrong. Everything was going so smoothly even awesome. We were a happily married couple. Avni herself came forward and proposed to me. She told me that she is ready to take our relationship forward. I asked her and made sure that she is ready, everything was fine. We consummate our marriage and became one soul. After that also, she was happy and fine then what happened in the early morning that changed her. what?