Chapter 37

It was the time of night, a car was standing on an isolated road and someone was sitting on the bonnet of the car. The coat was kept beside him. The silence was all around. The vibration could be heard and a phone was kept in the car and it was flashing because of Arjun’s call. Aditya was sitting on the bonnet of the car and was looking at the moon. His eyes were teary. Aditya looked down and wiped his tears. Aditya squeezed his nose and looked straight.

Aditya saw the flashes when he first time saw Avni and was lost to see her. He found her a beautiful and innocent girl. He saw the flashes of their marriage where they exchanged garlands, they took the rounds, Aditya filled Avni’s hairline with the sindoor and then he put the mangalsutra on Avni’s neck. He saw the flashes of their cute moments, Avni said, I love you to him and their union.

Aditya: how, Avni, how can you do this to me? How could you? Where was my love lacking? Where did I lack in winning your trust? We are together for so long but you didn’t find the need to tell me the truth? You didn’t find me trustworthy that you share the truth with me. I am not angry about your past. It is ok, everyone do mistakes. Past has passed so now it doesn’t have any place in our present, it just doesn’t matter but why you didn’t tell me the truth? I am hurt more than angry that why you never shared about your past with me. Am I not trustworthy?

Aditya sniffed and then he gulped. His eyes were teary. Aditya remembered something.

Flashback:

1. Aditya was standing by holding Avni’s waist. Avni blinked her eyes and her heart was running a marathon. Aditya was smiling and Avni tried to control her breath. Avni smiled and cupped Aditya’s face.

Avni: you just see what I will do that day. You will never forget your this birthday, that’s my promise to you.

Aditya got surprised.

2. Avni: yes, I remembered that and I will keep my promise. Tomorrow, you will get your gift and that will be the best gift of your life.

Flashback ends.

Aditya smiled and his eyes were moist.

Aditya: seriously, Avni, you gave me the best gift of my life. The best gift. A betrayal… you were right, I will never forget this birthday of mine. Never. Thanks to you. I will never forget this day. Never.

Aditya sniffed and cried.

Aditya: you broke me, Avni. You broke me. No one could do that till now but you did that. You broke me.

Aditya cried and looked up to hold his tears.

On the other side, Avni was looking at her mother and the whole Chauhan family was in shock.

Alka: does Aditya know that?

Avni was looking at her mother. Avni sobbed and sighed. Avni shook her head. Now Avni was calm.

Avni: No.

Everyone got shocked.

Aditya: I also got to know the day before yesterday. I thought to tell about it to Aditya on his birthday.

Alka: then why you didn't tell about it to him?

Avni wiped her tears.

Avni: the shopkeeper delivered the frame today. I have planned a surprise for him.

Avni smiled slightly.

Avni: but I got a shock.

Everyone felt bad.

Amar: don’t worry, princess, I will talk to Gaurav. Everything will be fine.

Avni looked at Amar.

Avni: No. No one will talk to anyone.