Chapter 43

The sun rises with new hope, new challenges, and a new spirit. The sun was shining over the Chauhan mansion and the doorbell rang. A maid opened the door and she welcomed Aditya.

Aditya came inside. The maid served him breakfast and Alka and Indravati were sitting there.

Indravati: Dear Aditya, why you are not understanding that you will not get anything by coming here daily.

Aditya: I will, Grandma, I will. One day you guys will feel pity on me and maybe on that day you guys will tell me about Avni.

Alka thought. Aditya smiled and looked down.

Aditya: ok then now I take your leave. If you feel that you should tell me the address then please send that to me.

Alka: have tea.

Aditya: No, thank you, Mama.

Aditya got up. He took blessings of Alka and Indravati and then he went. Alka thought.

At the time of the night, the roads were floating with the vehicles and the moon was shining over the apartment where Aman was sitting on the bed and was removing his shoes. Aarti was standing on the other side of the bed and was facing Aman’s back.

Aman: had Avni had her dinner?

Aarti was setting the pillow’s cover.

Aarti: yes.

Aman: good.

Aarti thought.

Aarti said while sitting on the bed: Today, Mama talked.

Aman smiled.

Aman: what she said?

Aarti: Aditya came today also.

Aman’s smile faded.

Aman said while removing his second shoe: so, why are you telling this to me?

Aarti: Aman, he is coming regularly for seven months. He has realized his mistake.

Aman looked here and there to control his anger.

Aarti: we should tell Avni about his coming daily. She…

Aman got up while saying: Aarti, please.

Aarti got up. Aman turned to her.

Aman: I have told you many times that don’t talk about that man. Aarti, Avni has come back to normal life after much difficulty, she has moved on so please let her live peacefully. No need to talk to Avni about that man.

Aman wore the slippers and went to the cupboard. He took his clothes and then he went to change. Aarti was looking at him. Aarti got upset and thought.

The next day, Avni was sitting on the couch and talking to Alka on a video call.

Alka: how are you, my child?

Avni: absolutely fine.

Alka: good and how is the baby? Everything is alright?

Avni made a sad face and sighed.

Avni: Mama, you ask this question daily?

Alka smiled.

Alka: I am a mother that’s why. When your baby will come into this world then you will understand.

Avni smiled and nodded.

Avni: true. Now I am understanding. As the time of delivery coming near, I have started to pay more attention. I am becoming more caring.

Alka: yes, it happens. Six months of your pregnancy have been completed now you are in the seventh month so, you have to be more careful. Take a proper meal on time. A proper meal is very important for a healthy baby.