Chapter 17

The moon was shining in the sky over the Rathore mansion which was lit by fairy light. Inside the mansion, a door opened and Aditya entered the room. Aditya saw the room and he got nervous and felt awkward to see the decorations. Aditya thought and he closed the door.

Avni heard that the door has closed and she shivered. Aditya turned and he saw Avni sitting on the bed. Aditya smiled and he looked at the room. Aditya sighed and came forward while rubbing his hands. Avni felt Aditya is coming close and Avni started to shiver. She clenched her fist to hide her nervousness. Aditya saw Avni and then he remembered something. Aditya went to the cupboard and Avni saw that Aditya passed by the bed. Aditya came back with a jewelry box and he sat on the bed. Avni slides back slightly. Aditya felt that. Aditya looked down and sighed. Aditya looked at Avni.

Aditya took off the veil and his heart skipped a beat to see Avni's face. Avni's face was glowing in the light of the candle and she was looking breath-taking. Aditya lifted Avni's face holding her chin. Avni clenched her fist.

Only one word came from Aditya's mouth: beautiful.

Avni didn't dare to look up. Aditya looked at Avni's hand and he felt awkward but he knew that now he has to wipe this awkwardness between them. Aditya held Avni's hand who shivered. Aditya felt Avni's hands are cold and he looked at Avni. Aditya took Avni's hand up and Avni saw that. Aditya kissed Avni's hand while looking at her and a shiver spread in Avni's body. Aditya felt that and he thought it is because he kissed Avni's hand for the first time. Aditya held Avni's hand in between his both hands. Avni looked at the hands and then she looked at Aditya. Avni saw the brooch on Aditya's outfit which she gifted to him. Aditya looked at Avni who lowered her gaze.

Aditya: Avni, we are married now and tonight is our first night.

Avni's heartbeat increased.

Aditya: but you just don't worry, I will not do anything without your consent.

Avni looked at Aditya.

Aditya: I know, this marriage and all have happened in a hurry and then I went for business work for one month. The time, we should have given each other, was wasted so, it is obvious that awkwardness will be between us. We can take steps slowly. If you need time and you are not ready for consummation then I can wait for you.

Avni looked down.

Aditya: we have just started our new life so we can take steps slowly.

Avni was looking down.

Aditya: Avni, I said honestly whatever was in my heart, now I want an honest reply from you. We can trust each other at least that much that we can speak our hearts to each other. Hmm?

Avni nodded.

Avni: Aditya, I, I need some time.

Aditya got hurt but he smiled and understood Avni's condition.

Avni: Aditya, I also want to be straightforward. Aditya, you know about my pa...

Aditya's phone rang and Avni stopped.

Aditya: Sorry.

Aditya took out his phone and saw the caller id. Aditya was stunned to see the caller Id.

Aditya: ab, aa. Avni, just two minutes.

Avni nodded and Aditya smiled.

Aditya: thank you,

Aditya got up and went but before that, he switched on the light. Avni saw that and Aditya went. Avni was relieved so she sighed happily.

Avni: thank God, Aditya understood me. Avni, you were taking stress unnecessarily.