Chapter 38

Happiness and Sorrow are two strong emotions that just numbed a human's brain and that thing happened with Aditya. He was upset and angry with Avni for not trusting him and because of that, he didn't try to contact Avni. Also, he wanted Avni to contact him and try to clarify her side but on the other side, Avni was feeling that why should she clarify herself because when she tried, Aditya didn't give her a chance and she had already told him the truth then why she calls him now. Avni was also angry with Aditya because she thinks, Aditya doesn't truth her and he left her alone to face the humiliation.

It was the time of the morning, Aditya was sleeping in his room on his back. Aditya's sleep got disturbed because of the chirping of the birds and he stirred. Aditya turned his face and forwarded his hand to hug Avni. Aditya moved and tried to touch Avni.

Aditya: Avni. Avni, come close, yaar. Avni.

No answer and how Avni can answer him when she was not there.

Aditya: Avni... tch.

Aditya opened his eyes and tried to see Avni but Avni was not there. Aditya closed his eyes.

Aditya: This Avni must have woken up and gone to the kitchen. This girl.

Aditya groaned and turned. He lay on his back. Aditya opened his eyes and sat on the bed.

Aditya: Aah... my head. Avni...

Aditya scratched his head and ran his hand through his hair. Aditya stopped his hand because reality hit him. Aditya opened his eyes and then he looked around. Aditya felt a sharp pain in his heart. Aditya turned his face to see his phone but his phone was not on the side table. Aditya looked at the other side and his eyes fell on the bed and saw his phone on the bed. Aditya picked up the phone with the hope that maybe Avni had called him. Aditya saw no call from Avni and got disappointed. Aditya saw Avni's picture and caressed it. Aditya got up and got ready. Aditya went office without having breakfast because he was upset with Grandma for humiliating Avni.

On the other side, Avni was sitting in her room and was waiting for Aditya's call. Alka and Indravati came to Avni and sat on the bed.

Alka: Avni, what is this? You have been sitting in the same room since last night. You didn't even come for breakfast in the morning.

Avni looked down.

Alka: Come out, sit with us all. How long will you keep sitting in the room?

Avni: Mama, give me some time, I will be ok.

Alka got worried for Avni. Alka looked at Indravati who blinked her eyes.

Indravati: ok, have a rest and come downstairs when you feel good.

Avni smiled slightly. Alka and Indravati got up and went from there. Avni took her phone and checked whether Aditya called her or not.

Alka and Indravati were looking at Avni. Alka's eyes got moist.

Alka: Maa, I am feeling scared that my daughter will drown in the same darkness again from where Aditya brought her out.

Indravati kept her hand on Alka's shoulder.

Indravati: don't worry, nothing will happen like that. This time, a tiny soul is inside her which will not let to drown in darkness.

Alka looked at Indravati who nodded and Alka nodded looking down and then they looked at Avni who was lost in her thought and then she kept her hand on her belly. Alka got emotional.

On the other side, Aditya was sitting on the chair while resting his head. Aditya took his phone to see whether Avni called him or not. He didn't hear the ring but still he checked.