Sunday, August 14th

8:37 pm 

Okay to start things off, the reason I got this diary wasn't because I don't have a life. It's because I plan on being famous when I grow older and I will need something to give out to my fans. Well anyways, if you are one of my fans reading this in the future... it's Gabriella.... Gabriella Hefner and I live in Rockford, Illinois.  But my friends call me Gabby. By the time you are reading this, I will hopefully be famous for singing or acting or dancing or something, but for now, I am in middle school. Or should I say, going into middle school. I am 12 years old and tomorrow is my first day of middle school. I am kind of nervous.... but kind of excited. According to my older sister, Rose middle school is an awkward time where everyone is starting to mature and grow mustaches and ask each other out and be like adults but at the same time you are also like kids and you're not allowed to have your phone out during lunch or go to the bathroom without raising your hand??? Come on!! I am a teenager!! Well... almost.... I will be 13 in 3 months. Anyways, Rose is going into her junior year of high school. And my little sister, Mara is going into first grade. Yep, I am the marvelous middle child. The one that is always overlooked...... I love my sisters but Rose can be kind of a snob! She is always bragging about her fancy car that my parents bought her and how she is so popular and her gorgeous boyfriend, Chad. And Mara is a cutie pie and spoiled and she always gets what she wants from mom and dad. And again, I am the forgotten one. But at least if I am going into middle school I'm going in with my ride or die... my best friend Raven. Raven and I have been best friends since the second grade and honestly even though I have 2 biological sisters, Raven is the one who I feel like is truly my sister. She is an only child. I am the closest thing she has to a sister.  Ever since second grade, we've been riding bikes to each other's houses, sharing clothes, picking each other as partners in school, she is my queen. We have been hanging out all summer. So that is basically what this summer has been filled with, trips to the pool, sleepovers with Raven, babysitting the baby twins that live across the street from me, and my family went on a short trip to the beach which was really fun... until I found sand in my swimsuit in places it shouldn't be! But yeah, it has been a pretty chill summer but now that tomorrow is the first day of school, sadly it is time those days at the pool and popsicles wait until next summer and time I get my school brain turned on. Raven and I have two goals for middle school, to become popular and to get boys to like us. But they kind of come in one because we figure if we are popular, boys will like us and vice versa. We weren't really popular in sixth grade but we figure that middle school is a fresh start... according to Rose, the girl that scraped gum off the table in her sixth grade class is now the head cheerleader. A lot can change even in the 3 months that we've been on summer break. But Raven and I feel that if we are popular in middle school, we will get whatever we want and never have to be picked on!  

And then once we are popular, the boys will be all over us! Raven and I have observed the three most popular girls in our sixth grade class to pick up some tips on being popular

And then once we are popular, the boys will be all over us! Raven and I have observed the three most popular girls in our sixth grade class to pick up some tips on being popular. Their names are Annie, Bella and Stacy. 

So yeah, those are the most popular girls that went to our school in sixth grade

So yeah, those are the most popular girls that went to our school in sixth grade... but who knows if  they are still gonna be popular tomorrow... middle school is a whole new world.... but the good news is mom and dad got me a phone which is a step forward to making me "cool." I was one of the last people in my grade to get a phone but mom FINALLY gave in and I got one this summer.... well... I got Rose's old one. And to make sure that Raven and I look cool tomorrow, we are going to wear makeup and lily pulitzer dresses!! Well... I better go to bed... it's getting late and I still can't believe I have my first day of middle school tomorrow!! Wish me luck!