Saturday, January 23rd

6:45 pm 

Dear Diary, so I just got back from the ice rink with Joseph and it was quite the experience. I begged my mom to let me go even though I have been grounded and she finally let me but I think it was mostly because she just wants us kids out of her hair since Mara is going through her terrible sixes and Rose is going through her terrible teens. Anyways, so my dad dropped me off and it was kind of embarrassing cause on the way out he said, "BEHAVE YOURSELF!!!" but anyways so Joseph is actually a really nice guy. We were ice skating and getting to know each other better and everything was going great UNTIL Layla showed up. With how rich Layla is, I should have expected that she was going to belong to the club. Apparently, she goes ice skating on Saturday nights with her group of friends that does whatever she says and she was skating with them and she said hi to me in a snarky, sarcastic way and then she kicked me and I fell right in front of Joseph. NOT COOL. But then once she left, Joseph agreed that Layla is mean and manipulative and he watches his back around her. He asked me if I have any plans for Valentine's Day and then I remembered that the school is having a Valentine's Day dance so I wondered if he was going to ask me and at first he didn't say anything so I wasn't thinking he was going to but then get this.... he said he was going to go to the bathroom and then came back with a SIGN that said "Gabby, I may not know how to sing and dance like you but will you teach me at homecoming???" And there were balloons and a teddy bear and I jumped up and down so excited and then we took photos for Instagram!! AHHH! I had no idea that was going to happen! I thought that type of stuff only happened in high school but apparently not! So I now have a date to the Valentine's dance!! 

Oh and of course as you would expect, Layla is superior at ice skating as she is everything else. She was doing all types of tricks around the ice rink whoop de doo. But I have learned not to let that bother me- I get it that Layla's better at me than everything and I wish she would stop rubbing it in my face. It almost feels like we are in competition and Layla always wins. But anyways, I am happy that I am going to the Valentine's dance with Joseph! Oh and Raven-  I think she i going to the Valentine's dance too but she is going with a group of girls. I would go with a group of girls but I mean Joseph asked me so... I feel like with these dances those are the two options- go with a date or go with a group of friends. Going with a date means slow dancing and possibly kissing, going with friends means dancing in groups and standing in groups when all the pairings are slow dancing. And honestly, I prefer the first one. I know I am a little too young to date but it's not like I am datING him, it's just a casual date to the Valentine's Dance. So I think it will be fine, but if my parents ask... I am going with a friend! Heh...