Sunday, October 15th

2:30 pm

Dear Diary, 

Remember how I said one of the most popular girls from 6th grade has a pink streak in her hair? Well... she isn't as popular anymore but Layla just dyed blue streaks in her hair, another cheerleader dyed her hair black, and ANOTHER cheerleader dyed her hair purple so I have decided that I am going to dye a pink streak in my hair! And plus it is October which is breast cancer awareness month so it is not only cute but it is for a good cause. I actually haven't asked my parents for permission but I mean.... Rose has colored her hair numerous times... she gets highlights, balayage... if they are okay with Rose doing it then they kinda have to be okay with me doing it. I mean, Rose is older than me but I am pretty sure the first time she colored her hair was when she was 14... that's.... not THAT far from how old I am now. And even my mom has dyed her hair before... she has never done anything wacky like pink but she's.... dyed her natural color over her grey hairs to cover up grey hairs. And it's not like it's going to last forever anyways, the box says it lasts 10-20 shampoos. This is colorista that I got with my babysitting money at Walgreens so let's see how it works! 

3:30 pm 

Dear Diary, 

So I just got done dying a pink streak in my hair.... this is how it turned out! 

What do you think?? I LOVE it!! I feel like I look like a pop star! Or as my mom would say

What do you think?? I LOVE it!! I feel like I look like a pop star! Or as my mom would say... "punk rock." I love how it looks with blonde too, the perfect combination! My parents actually went shopping and they aren't back yet but I showed it to Mara and she said I look like a mermaid and then when Rose saw it she said it's cute but asked what mom and dad are going to think of it when they get home pretty soon?? I told her I don't think it is a problem, if my mom and Rose can color their hair it is only fair for me to. I sent Henry photos and he loves it and so do my friends when I posted it on my snapchat story! If a pink streak is going to make me even cooler, I'm there. 

6:00 pm

Dear Diary, 

Well.... so much for dying a pink streak in my hair. When mom and dad got home, dad didn't seem to care but mom SCREAMED!!!!!!

I told my mom that Rose has colored her hair on many occasions and she said, "Yeah

I told my mom that Rose has colored her hair on many occasions and she said, "Yeah... blonde! And she only does it to make her hair look more natural, pink is by no means natural!" And then I asked my mom what about when you dye your hair and she said it's simply to cover up grey hairs and there is a difference between that and dying a pink streak in hair! So then she got this weird stuff that smells funky and scrubbed it into my head to get the pink out. I can't believe she did that! I was hoping I wouldn't get grounded since the Halloween party in 2 weeks but lucky for me my mom saw screaming and forcing me to take it out as enough punishment and didn't punish me any further. But now I know to never do that again! I guess blonde hair will have to do.... or I could use those clip ons.