Sunday, September 3rd

1:00 pm 

Dear Diary, today is the day that I am going shopping for the mixer on Friday!! I am going to the mall with Layla and the rest of the cheerleaders and ahh!!! I have 50$ saved up from babysitting and birthday money and I can't wait to spend it!!! I also have developed a pretty big crush on Henry so I am hoping that he will ask me out.......  or I could ask him out but.... I don't know. Usually, the boys are supposed to ask the girls. I mean girls CAN ask out boys but Rose and my mom say wait for them to come to me... well mostly Rose because mom thinks I am too young to date so shhh! Let's hope my mom doesn't find my diary..... or that my sisters don't tell her.... I might have to end up cleaning Rose's room and buying Mara new toys in order for that not to happen.... but I guess it's worth it. Anyways, I am going to go to the mall so brb! Layla's mom is about to be here. She is just going to drop us off at the mall and we are going to shop by ourselves and then she is going to pick us up. In elementary school, usually our parents were with us but since now we are in middle school the parent just drops us off and we are at the place by ourselves. Cool right? Well... they're here so bye! 

6:00 pm 

Dear Diary, I just got back from the mall and I LOVE the dress I bought! I got it from Macy's. I think it was meant to be a homecoming dress for high school but I mean... Layla says you are supposed to dress fancy for the mixers. I asked her how she knows that since she is a seventh grader too and she said she knows because of her eighth grade friends... see that's another reason why Layla is so "cool." She has eighth grade friends and apparently anyone who talks to eighth graders is automatically cool just because the eighth graders are older I guess.... anyways.... this is the dress I got! 

Really cute right? I know it looks more like a homecoming dress but again

Really cute right? I know it looks more like a homecoming dress but again... Layla says we must be dressed fancy for the mixer so..... and this is what I am thinking for hair and makeup. 

I know it won't look as good as the pictures

I know it won't look as good as the pictures... but I am gonna try!! Mom and dad are probably gonna think that is too much makeup... but they are going to have to deal with it because I need to look hot for this mixer! And Layla says to courtesy when Henry comes to walk me in and give him that flower thing that goes on his suit so I got a little flower thing... I guess this dance is way fancier than I thought! I never would've thought that a dance in a middle school cafeteria was going to be so fancy....