Friday, May 1st

3:30 pm

Dear Diary, so tonight is the opening night of the MUSICAL!!! The night we have all been waiting for for 4 months!!! I guess I kind of am excited about it but kind of not considering I NEVER GOT LAYLA TO GIVE UP HER ROLE LIKE SHE DESERVES TO! Anyways, I have to head to the school pretty soon where mom, dad, Rose and Mara are coming to see the show. I am nervous but I mean... I have all my lines memorized... I should be okay... oh yeah and this is the costume I'm wearing. 

I think I got the Freddy my love down too

I think I got the Freddy my love down too.... the "my love" part was a little flat at first but now I think I have got it down. Even though the Layla thing isn't ideal I guess I better still try to enjoy opening night.... after all I have looked forward to this day since I first got cast in the musical. But I admit, I am a little nervous. It's crazy to think that in 2 hours I am going to be on a real life stage in front of a couple hundred people that all came to see me... well not really... really only my family came to see me but you see what I am saying... they are all GONNA see me... what if I do something wrong? What if I forget a line in front of the whole stage? What if I'm one "love" short in the song? What if my high heels make me trip? What if I forget the dance moves during "summer nights"? Guess we will find out..... 

5:00 pm 

Dear Diary, I made it to the stage but for some reason Raven is nowhere to be seen.... I feel like I should look for her to ensure that she is okay... she is supposed to debut her role as Patty Simcox tonight... 

5:25 pm

Dear Diary, so I was walking around the school looking for Raven and I couldn't see her anywhere and I started to panic! I mean my ex best friend is missing!! God knows where she could be!!! I mean I know they say "break a leg and the show must go on" but like... I was genuinely worried about where she was and I felt like there was only one person that could be behind this..... Layla..... so once I had looked around every part of the school I had almost given up but then I had to go to the bathroom.... and guess who was locked in the bathroom... Raven.... and guess who locked her there.... Layla.... and guess who saved the day.... me.... I got the director and the director caught Layla red handed! Layla was the one that locked Raven in the bathroom! There are no more excuses from that point on! She locked Raven in the bathroom cause she didn't want her "stealing her spotlight" so then the director said he would suspend Layla from playing  Sandy but he has no one else to play Sandy unless me or Raven wants to do it and I looked over at Raven and said... "Raven... you can play Sandy...." And then she said, "But... how?" I said, "Weren't you given a script to memorize Sandy's lines in case she were to have been sick and have an understudy do it?" She said, "Yeah... but I don't know all the words to the songs..." And then the director said, "We can have a screen in the back that says the lyrics of the songs..." Raven seemed unsure at first... but I told her she will be the best... and I reminded her of how smart she is... if she can ace all those science tests... she can be Sandy so then she said okay... she's bound to want to be my friend again! I got her the role that she always wanted! Oh we are on in 5... got to go wish me luck! 

9:00 pm

Dear Diary, best........ night....... ever......... Raven CRUSHED Sandy!! CRUSHED IT!!!! She crushed hopelessly devoted to you, she crushed summer nights, she got all the lines right, it was perfect!!! And me... I was a pretty good Marty if I do say so myself... I got a standing ovation for Freddy my love and the rest was pretty easy! Oh and Henry... he was fine as Danny... I am more focused on me and Raven though! At the end of the show they threw flowers at us!!! 

 I am more focused on me and Raven though! At the end of the show they threw flowers at us!!! 

I know I could've been Sandy... but I decided to be the bigger person and let Raven be Sandy... Mr Smith the drama teacher said Raven was the best and only last minute lead the school has ever had. Raven and I hugged and made up and we are officially friends again!! She thanked me for saving her from the bathroom or else she'd be locked in there on opening night! That would be so horrific! But yep! We good! Raven's family is so proud and so is mine and they were so proud that my family and Raven's family decided to have an after party at the roller rink! Whoo!!!!! Best night ever!