Monday, August 15th

9:00 am

Dear Diary, (I am going to start every entry with Dear Diary because I think that is what you are supposed to do) 

I am officially in middle school!!! Right now Raven and I are sitting in the gym waiting for orientation to start comparing our schedules!!! The bus ride here was a little weird. There are a bunch of eighth graders on our bus and you'd think since a year and a half ago when they were sixth graders that they wouldn't have changed so much. The last I remember, they didn't scream curse words and make the bus drivers life a living nightmare but now they do.... weird.... anyways I am looking over my schedule! Wow! Now language arts is called english, social studies is called world regions, math is called pre-algebra and most importantly.... there is no sand box!! We are really growing up... but I look at Raven's schedule and we don't have one class together!! Not even lunch?? How am I going to do this? I mean I have other friends... but Raven is my main friend... as we are waiting we see Annie and I say hi to her and I look at her schedule and I don't have any classes with her either!! She says so far she has found out that lily pulitzer is no longer cool, the boys are obsessed with cheerleaders and everyone makes out after school on the football field?? Lily Pulitzer is no longer cool?? Everyone "makes out" on the football field??? I didn't prepare for this!!! In sixth grade, it was all about the brand names. If you had those uggs, you are popular. If you had a Vera Bradley backpack, you were popular. If you had Lily Pulitzer anything, you were popular. But now its about being a cheerleader?? And everybody makes out?? This is an even bigger step up from 6th grade than I thought!!!

12:45 pm

Dear Diary, I officially hate middle school!! Get this, I didn't recognize ANYONE in any of my classes, my science teacher called me Gabe, and I saw a girl in my sixth grade walking with a GIGANTIC GROUP OF PEOPLE!! How is she walking with a gigantic group of people when we literally JUST started middle school! I had no one to sit with at lunch and I wasn't going to just invite myself to a random person's table so right now I am sitting in the bathroom!! I can't believe this is happening!!! 

4:00 pm 

I am finally done with my first grade of middle school and the entire day, besides Raven and Annie I only talked to one person.... the school counselor! She noticed me eating lunch in the bathroom and she asked me if I wanted to eat in her office. Eat in the school counselor's office!??! I might as well just wear a sash that says loser. As I was walking home with Raven, it seemed even she had a better day than me!! She was talking about how she met a nice girl in her English class and how she had lunch with her. She didn't have to eat lunch in the bathroom like I did! It seems like Rose and Mara had a better first day than me too. Rose got to go to a parade with her boyfriend and Mara got to sit next to the crayon box... whoop de doo for them. Everyone had a fairly good first day except for me. But on the bright side, I think I have discovered who the most popular girl in the WHOLE school of Glenwood Middle School is. Her name is Layla. 

So Raven and I decided to achieve our goals of being popular, we may have to be cheerleaders so tomorrow, we decided we are going to try out for cheerleading!  Because we realized that most of the popular girls are cheerleaders and if I am a cheer...

So Raven and I decided to achieve our goals of being popular, we may have to be cheerleaders so tomorrow, we decided we are going to try out for cheerleading!  Because we realized that most of the popular girls are cheerleaders and if I am a cheerleader too, then I will be cool and popular too and I won't have to eat lunch in the bathroom anymore.