Saturday, November 3rd

6:15 pm 

Dear Diary, so..... bringing my boyfriend and Raven to the pumpkin patch at the same time may not have been the best idea. I put on my cutest fall sweater and a cute headband and a full face of my favorite makeup and then Raven and I got in Henry's mom's car to ride there. Once Henry's mom had left, Henry kissed me on the cheek and said I was the cutest pumpkin in the patch and Raven looked.... disgusted almost. And then we got to the pumpkin patch and looked around and there were hay rides, apple cider, pumpkin picking and a trampoline. Raven suggested that we go on the trampoline and then I gave her a look reminding her that we are now in middle school and we don't do kiddie stuff anymore. So then we went on a hay ride, had some apple cider but the peak was when I was getting a little chilly on the hay ride and Henry offered me his jacket and then Raven looked even more excluded. And then when we were picking pumpkins and Henry pointed out a heart shaped pumpkin and said this is the symbolism of our love and then kissed me again.... and I am not an expert at relationships but when that happened, I could tell exactly what was going on- Raven was third wheeling us. And then Raven said, "Why did you invite me to this, Gabby? What's even the point of me coming on a date with your boyfriend?" And then she started storming off so I had to chase after her. I said, "Raven!!!! Wait!!!" And she said, "There's no reason to wait and nothing to talk about. Let's face it, Gabby. You have outgrown me. You became a cheerleader, you got a boyfriend, you became popular. I have none of those things! All I have is a goth girl that's my "friend" who's probably only my friend because she hates not being my friend (she hates everything) and now you are excluding me! I have been third wheeling you and Henry the whole time! You don't think I wanted to go to the school mixer? You know what I did instead..... stayed home and watched Gilmore Girls! You don't think I wanted to go to the Halloween party? You know what I did instead... went trick or treating with my 8 year old cousin! I even called your mom to see if you wanted to join us and I got nothing." I said to her, "Oh I am so lucky how I ended up being overdressed for the mixer, kissing a ferret and turning blue because of the most popular and most manipulative girl in school. And if you couldn't tell, the blue hasn't even come all the way out yet and I still have a scar on my face from the freaking ferret! Let's face it.... I haven't been very lucky either." She said, "Well at least you had popularity at one point while I've been over here sitting with the goth girls at lunch who are trying to get me to shave my head." I said to her, "Are you forgetting that I ate lunch in the bathroom on the first day?" She said, "Yeah.... the first day. Ever since school started, I have had to eat lunch in the bathroom pretty much half the days of school when the goth girls are at counseling!" I say, "Well, I am really sorry, Raven. You are still my best friend and heck, cheerleading is almost over and I am obviously not friends with Layla anymore. Hey my birthday is in 2 weeks. I was actually thinking I'd have a slumber party with you and a couple more of our friends from sixth grade. No boys, no cheerleader, just us. What do you say?" She said, "That sounds like fun, brushing back tears from her eyes." I say, "Okay, it's settled. 2 weeks from now- slumber party!"