Wednesday, August 17th

12:50 pm

Dear Diary, great news.... I got to sit at the cheerleader table at lunch today!!! Woo hoo!! No more eating in the bathroom!! It was so much fun.... we talked about boys, cheer, and the super cool pool party that is being thrown this weekend and of course.... I am invited!!! Ahh!!! Can't wait! So this is what I found out, there's a cute boy named Henry on the football team that is the cutest and most popular boy in school, cheerleaders always have to wear their cheer uniform on game days, and cheer practice is every Wednesday after school from 3:00-5:00. So that means I have to get picked up by either my parents or Rose every Wednesday instead of taking the bus.... but I'm sure they don't mind!! 

5:15 pm 

Dear Diary, it turns out cheerleading is a lot harder than I thought!! We have this big routine we're doing at the football game next Friday and we HAVE to have it all memorized!! And not to mention we have to throw each other in the air and catch each other and there is a lot more to this than I expected!! But if I can get a B in pre algebra I can memorize a cheerleading routine. And after all, I am just here for the popularity. Because cheerleader = automatic popularity. The only one out of the three most popular sixth graders that is still popular is Annie it seems like. In sixth grade, any sport was cool so Bella was "cool" because she played volleyball and everyone thought Stacy was cool since she's a good singer and she got the lead in the musical but I saw Bella eating lunch with the band geeks yesterday and I think Stacy has been transferred over to a "music geek." So if I want to maintain a popular image, I must be a cheerleader. Now I am about to go to Layla's house for dinner. But I have to be careful because Layla is more judgmental than I thought!! I was talking to her at cheer practice and I told her that I collected American Girl Dolls as a kid and she said, "American Girl Dolls??? What are you??? 8???" I said I collected them as a KID... not that I collect them now. But anyways, I am about to go to the dinner. 

9:00 pm 

I just got back from the dinner and my gosh Layla has a fancy house!  

Now I see why Layla is popular.... other than being a cheerleader! She has a pool, a movie theatre a party place!! When I got to her house her mom welcomed me and made me take off my shoes and then we all watched a movie about Zombie Cheerleaders while waiting for dinner to be ready. And I can tell you that sixth grade hangouts are way different than seventh grade hangouts. In sixth grade, we did pictionary, monopoly, braided each other's hair, watched Disney movies but now we talk about boys, do full blown makeup on each other, and play truth or dare. I got dared to ask a boy out over text but I told them I wasn't going to do that so I picked truth and they asked me who I think the cutest boy in the school is and I said Henry and then Layla said Henry is her ex-boyfriend??? Ex-boyfriend??? She is in seventh grade and she has an ex-boyfriend?? That means she dated in sixth grade. The closest thing I have had to dating is when a boy gave me a valentine in sixth grade... anyways... Layla told me not to go for Henry but.... she can't tell me what to do? Right... Anyways, after playing truth or dare we had pizza and then we had a dance party in the party venue at Layla's house... but I always get so uncomfortable at "dance parties." I never know how to dance at them so I kinda just did what everyone else was doing. But anyways, I am really excited for the pool party this Saturday! And the football game next Friday. I can't believe my popularity is finally gonna arise!! 

But these are the notes that I have taken for Raven post my experience at Layla's house. 

Really Rich 

Has pool 

The popular girls are boy crazy 

The popular girls play truth or dare 

The popular girls date 

No more kiddy stuff that was done in sixth grade 

Wear a lot of makeup 

 I can't dance