Thursday, November 23rd

2:00 pm 

Dear Diary, I got out of going to school on Tuesday by telling mom and dad that I wasn't feeling well and reminded them that only half the people show up on the day before Thanksgiving break anyways so usually it's just a day where we watch movies and do nothing because everyone is going to the Bahamas and to Italy and to Hawaii and fancy stuff like that where my family never really does any of that fancy stuff, instead we decided to pile the 5 of us in the car and go up to grandma and grandpas place up in the mountains to see our Aunt Emma and our cousin Veronica. But Veronica is 18 so she usually hangs around Rose most of the time and leaves Mara and I in the dust.  Right now we are in the car, and it is NOT FUN to be in a car with my family!! Let's just say mom and dad sing Journey, Rose talks on the phone to her friends about how annoying her family is, and Mara says the ABCs..... over and over and over and over again..... 

Don't judge me, it's even harder to draw it a car! I'm kind of still sniffling about what happened with Henry but I guess since I am about to see family I better play it cool

Don't judge me, it's even harder to draw it a car! I'm kind of still sniffling about what happened with Henry but I guess since I am about to see family I better play it cool.... and now we wait another hour until we're there.... I guess I am just going to put my earbuds in and try to tune out the rest of the noise. 

4:30 pm 

Dear Diary, Ever since we got to our grandparents we have answered the generic grandparents questions and right now I am hanging with Rose and Veronica (which I think is just because aunt Emma told Veronica that I have to be included too) but they are talking about high school stuff that I don't understand and it's stupid. Mom and Dad are with my grandparents and aunt talking about boring adult stuff and Mara is being fawned over everyone like normal. Thanksgiving dinner is about to be served. 

8:00 pm 

Dear Diary, so after dinner a point of interest actually did occur. Rose, Veronica and I were looking through a magazine about makeovers and then an idea popped into my head! A makeover!! Now that Henry has dumped me, I think I am in need of a new look. Especially because he said I am not pretty enough so I told Rose and Veronica that I need a makeover! Rose agreed to do my hair and makeup and Veronica is going to pick out new outfits!! Then I will have a new look for school and maybe Henry will want me back!