Friday, December 22nd

1:00 pm 

Dear Diary, I got sent to take Mara to the pool while Rose is at the nail salon and mom and dad are at a show that only adults can go to because of drinks or whatever. I don't get why I couldn't go to the nail salon too but it's something about how Rose needs some time alone. Right now I'm tanning at the pool and Mara is swimming but now it is time to get some lunch so I need to get Mara ready for lunch........ MARA??? Where'd she go? 

6:15 pm 

Dear Diary, okay so losing Mara turned out to be a 3 hour walk around the ship looking for her. So basically this is how it went down, I realized that Mara was missing and my mom told me to keep an eye on her EVERY SINGLE SECOND so I freaked out because a 6 year old on a cruise ship unsupervised????? Who knows what could happen to her??? So first I scanned the entire pool to look for her and she wasn't there so I knew she had to have gotten to a different area and I didn't want my parents to know that I lost her but I need to spread the word so I started asking random staff members if they have seen her and showed them a picture of her and it didn't get anywhere so I called my mom and after my mom stopped screaming at me over the phone we went to the ship's controlling area and the speaker person got on the intercom and announced to the entire ship that Mara is missing and we got nothing so my entire family started freaking out wondering where she is??????? But then around an hour ago we FINALLY found her. It turns out the whole time the entire ship was looking for Mara she was under the ship's laundry pile because she thought we were playing "hide and seek"....... and of course my parents are furious at me and I am never allowed to take her anywhere ever again... or at least for a very long time. We went to dinner at the ship's diner and barely said a word to each other since we are all still recovering from what happened.... 

9:00 pm

Dear Diary, I wish my parents would understand that a 6 year old's brain is not fully developed.... and plus we play hide and seek with her a lot so she doesn't know the difference but my family is still barely saying a word to me and we swam after dinner but it was pretty awkward... well anyways I am going to go to bed....